These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX LED Tubes screen help

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Parlla
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4

DMX LED Tubes screen help

Post by Parlla »

Hi,
this is my first post here, great forum.
What DMX controller do I need so I can control DMX LED Tubes. I have 50 LED tubes which have 4 pin connector for DMX control. I have a DMX controller but it is not USB and I can't find any info about it. The controller is using LAN cable and software called "Flash LED". The tubes are designed for a LED screen and they are working OK. I can show video, pictures... But now I mounted the tubes in a small club and I want to easily control them live. Please help me to choose the controller I need. I can upload pictures of my equipment.
Thank you very much!!!

Parlla

Re: DMX LED Tubes screen help

Post by Parlla »

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

First of all i NEVER used dmx thru Ethernet.
so í'm just giving some sugetions.

Dmx thru Ethernet is call't ARTNET so you can take a look at that, Freestyler also suport ARTnet.
you need it so set it as your "Interface"
and if it use Artnet you don't need a Dmx device you can use you Lan from the pc
also your ip need to be 10.x.x.x or 2.x.x.x the artnet protocol uses these Ip

Maby this will help.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Parlla

Post by Parlla »

Thank you, I will do some tests today and will post the result.
Parlla

Post by Parlla »

I can't connect through LAN. I opened one of the led tubes and I have 4 wires labeled: GND, CLK, STB, DATA
Can you help me how to make a working LAN cable?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hello,

No i can not help you with helping to make a Lan cable.
How did you connect everything,Pc with lan to Controler and from controler with lan to led tubes?

you also allways need to have the controller connected because it contance the Power supply for the led tubes and it also makes the Data that the led tubes are asking for.

i think you first need to find what for type of controller you have and search on what for typ of protocal it uses.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Parlla

Post by Parlla »

The controller is YT-S1000 which is the same as YT-S900. http://bjytqy.zgc.tm/sell/itemid-43916.shtml

It connects to PC through LAN cable using UDP port 8003. No IP adress is needed when I put manually IP addresses 10.x.x.x or 20.x.x.x I cant get a working connection.

When I translate the webpage above it says:

"Supports all serial data interface of the LED driver chips, such as MBI5026, MBI5024, DM135, DM13C、74HC595、6B595、SC16722、ZQL9712、LPD6803等。 DM13C, 74HC595, 6B595, SC16722, ZQL9712, LPD6803 and so on. "

There is also info that I connect a DMX 512 :

" By connecting the optional converter card DMX512 lighting console, stage lighting system with a high degree of compatibility."

But there is no info how to do that, and what controller to buy...
For now I can only connect the software that came with the controller "FlashLed" which is very limited to uploading some avi movies and pictures to the controller.
I really need your help on this!!!
Thank you very much.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oke i have taken a little look and found this : http://www.bj-yutong.com/produce/WuTaiDengGuang.asp
The " YT-D16" controller
you need this i think.

/spirit
Parlla

Post by Parlla »

Thank you I will try to order it.
2nd17th
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by 2nd17th »