These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Control commands not working via TCP/IP

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Trikkitt
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision
Twitter: www.twitter.com/trikkitt

Control commands not working via TCP/IP

Post by Trikkitt »

I've been trying to control FS via a TCP/IP connection. I followed all the docs, and when I call the function 201 to 205 I can control the SubMaster intensity without error. When I tried to use the higher values 507 to 527 it doesn't work. The same applies to all the submaster controls 385 and higher.

Is this a bug, or do they work in a different way? The thing I really need to be able to do is let my application control the specific sequences that are running at any one time. I want this to work in a predictable way, toggling isn't any good because my app will never know what state it was in to start with. Ideally I'd like to be able to tell it to go to a specific line in the submaster rather than having to click back 20 times to ensure I'm at the first entry in the list etc.

Any ideas anyone?

Trikkitt
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision
Twitter: www.twitter.com/trikkitt

Re: Control commands not working via TCP/IP

Post by Trikkitt »

I think I've just found the cause of the problem... the channels listed in the SendMessage document are wrong....

Right now it shows bits such as
Submaster Run 1 385
… ...
Submaster Run 20 405

This is obviously wrong as number 20 would be 404. This has resulted in errors in the channels being out, in addition one bit skips 20 channels for no reason. Working with a fixed 20 channels per use, and this works without error. This means the last channel is actually 484 in the list if my calculations are correct.

Hope this helps anyone else getting problems with that section.

Mike

Return to “General Midi Controllers”