These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

3D Magic in limited mode

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
BDiggz
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

3D Magic in limited mode

Post by BDiggz »

How do I get the Magic out of limited mode?? I have no objects to build my stage area. No tool bar comes up when I put it in Construction mode.... I have imported my fixtures and I can't seem to find this problem listed in the help, forum boards, or anywhere else i have looke.
Please help!!!!!!

Thanks,
John

GaryBonaducci
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: 3D Magic in limited mode

Post by GaryBonaducci »

Did you get a Sunlite brand USB DMX controller? And if so, which suite did you get? You can only get the Full version of Magic 3D Easy View by purchasing either the "First Class" or "First Class +" Sunlite suites. Anything else -- such as the Sunlite "Economy" or "Basic" suites, or any other brand of USB DMX controllers -- will only allow you access to Magic 3D Easy View in Limited mode. http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/home-show.htm

I don't think Limited mode is all that bad, though. It's definitely missing some much desired features; but overall, it helps get the basic tasks done.
BDiggz wrote:....No tool bar comes up when I put it in Construction mode....
Did you Maximize the application to full screen mode? What resolution is your screen set at? The window that Easy View opens to by default is not large enough to show the "Settings..." and "Listings..." areas in Construction Mode. However, you should be able to click-and-drag the horizontal separator bar at the bottom of the view window to see some of the tools.

ETA: Also, if you are still actually running FreeStyler 3.2.2, you should upgrade to the latest beta. There's been a lot of bug fixes and added features since that version.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”