These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Buying a new Haze Machine - Need suggestions

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Buying a new Haze Machine - Need suggestions

Post by Shannon D »

Hey Freestylers, :fs:

I've been away for a lil while, but I didn't forget about this place! I've been really busy with my band and family.

I am in the market for a new haze machine. I currently own 2 Chauvet HZ1000's and 3 Chauvet foggers. All 5 are dead as we speak. I'm happy with Chauvet lights, but I give up on their hazers and foggers. I'm looking to spend $400-$600 for a hazer. DMX control is preferred. I'd like to hear what hazer you have and would like to get some reviews directly from the people who own and use them. I know there are some high end models out there like Le Maitre, UltraTec, HazeBase, etc. Those are a lil more than I want to spend.

I'm leaning towards the MBT HZ-300 or the American DJ Haze Generator. If you have these models, please post some pros & cons.

If you have a good story to tell on a specific fogger, that's ok too, but I think I will stick to a hazer.

Cheers!

SD

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Buying a new Haze Machine - Need suggestions

Post by dmxlighting »

I would have said about the Chauvet units (ive got one and it works well) but you have had trouble with them so maybe not.

As you probably know mate, the cheaper kit will never last as long as the higher spec kit. If possible look at a high end second hand unit and look at the cost of having it refurbed with a new heater and pump. I know a few guys who have done this and saved $$$

PS - Good to see you back :D
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Yeah, I know, you get what you pay for. But there's got to be a good mid-range hazer that will give a few years of service without crapping out just after the warranty runs out. I really liked the Chauvet HZ-1000. The output was perfect for the size venues I do and the 2 channel DMX was a nice feature as well. Unfortunately, I went thru two of them in 3 years time. I'm not going for a strike 3 on that model.

I buy used gear here and there, but I think with the commonly known issues with these machines, I want a new one with a good warranty. Possibly an extended warranty if possible, haha!
matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Post by matt »

The LeMaitre Radiance Hazer is by far one of the best Hazers you can buy. It is a 2 Channel DMX unit! Channel 1 is FLOW and channel 2 is Fan. Channel 2 not only dose the Internal fan control, but there is a Power connector on the back to connect a box fan and also control its speed to blow the haze!

Here is a Video that was filmed on my iPhone so sorry about quality.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150243708565123

But there is one downfall...

Its around $1300 USD!
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I ended up buying the MBT HZ-300. It's basically the same unit as the Antari HZ-300.

There's more discussion about here: http://www.ourdjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=36694

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”