These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

3d view greyed out...

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
newbiebob
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3

3d view greyed out...

Post by newbiebob »

Hi this is probably a really really obvious problem but I've been having some trouble with the visualiser in freestyler.

Iv added my fixtures etc but when I go to click on the 3d button to view the visualiser its greyed out and I cant figure out how to get it to work. I had a look around the forum and through the help file but couldn't find a solution, any help would be appreciated, total noob here :p

Cheers

Chris

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: 3d view greyed out...

Post by remco_k »

If you install FreeStyler, click the checkbox to download and install 3D easyview. That should do it.
Make a backup of your already done work for safety.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
newbiebob

Post by newbiebob »

remco_k wrote:If you install FreeStyler, click the checkbox to download and install 3D easyview. That should do it.
Make a backup of your already done work for safety.
Knew it would be something simple. Must have missed the box when I first installed it,

Cheers! :fs:
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi Chris and welcome to FS

It seems that you have not got the 3d vis installed. Its not actually part of FS its a separate program made by sunlight which happens to work with FS.
The easiest way to install the vis is to reinstall FS from scratch then be sure to tick the box and then it will download and install the vis correctly.

Also its worth noting that FS will not patch the fixture config to the vis like some other software might do.
You will have to patch the vis separetly but its easy to do and if you are stuck we will help you.

EDIT - Looks like everyone answered this at the same time! :lol:
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

If EasyView is not installed in the Freestyler folder, it will show up greyed out. You can install it separately, just make sure you install it in the FS folder. It's like FS looks for EasyView.exe before the button is available.
newbiebob

Post by newbiebob »

Thanks for all the help, I reinstalled freestyler and ticked the right button this time to add the 3d view package. Im just getting into all this, a friend of mine is an impressive lighting operator and I thought it would be fun to learn a little bit and get involved where ever possible. So total newbie :p

muchos appreciated

Cheers
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Well, there are fast people and faster people. :lol:
Too bad we can't win an Enttec pro by being fast. ;)
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”