These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Welcome Richard CSL. Topic is solved

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
Onge

Welcome Richard CSL.

Post by Onge »

Hi Richard CSL,

Welcome to the FreeStyler Support Forum.

This forum is completly run and managed and supported by users of the FreeStyler DMX controller software. Raph the developer does make an occasional appearance ever now and then, especially when he has got something very useful, helpful or important to say.

We have a bug reporting system and Raph does a superb job of keeping up with fixes and updates to the program.

There is also a beta test program which you can request to belong to if you so wish.

The people on here are very helpful and congenial towards most users who are prepared to help themselves, even those who are not prepared to help themselves are usually steered in the right direction and helped in the end.

Have a good look around, we have two WIkis in current progress, The DMX Wiki and the FreeStyler Wiki, again these are being done by members of this forum, some parts still need a lot of work especially the FreeStyler Wiki as it is quite new. Both have links on the front page of the forum.

To everyone else on this forum, Richard I hope is going to be a convert to FreeStyler, he was/is a member of the forum for that other piece of software I had a rant about in another post, and we have had plenty of e-mail chats back and forth. So please make him welcome.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Welcome Richard CSL.

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi Richard - welcome to FS.

And also welcome to all the other new forum mebers and FS users.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

With the chance of sounding really stupid: Who's Richard CSL? :?:
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Onge

Post by Onge »

remco_k wrote:With the chance of sounding really stupid: Who's Richard CSL? :?:
Richard is a friend of mine from another lighting controller forum, who I hope will be converting to FreeStyler as like me he has got dissalusioned with the way this other lighting controller company has decided to market, develop and support it's product and it's users and constant well if you want this and you want that then you should consider the product developed by our sister company. I did a rant about this company in another post.

I am hoping I will also be able to pull other people to FreeStyler now that that particular companies interface is working with FreeStyler and the company will (eventually) be forcing people to upgrade their existing boxes if they want to continue to use their software, they have done it once already.

I was just trying to make him feel welcome and give him a bit of knowledge about FreeStyler and all you fine people who help so much on this great forum (community).

I hope that clears up you question and no it was not a stupid one.
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Aha! Thats good. I initially thought it was an expression to welcome any new forum member. :)

Anyhow, welcome then Richard CSL. :mrgreen:
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Welcome aboard Richard! Let us know how everything is going. Oh, and post some pics of your rig and gigs :mrgreen:

We are here to help with issues anyone may have with FS, but I think seeing pics of other peoples rigs (kits) and gigs, helps others by giving them new ideas on how to use their equipment in different configurations.

Peace!

Shannon
richard csl
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by richard csl »

Thank you everybody , especially Andre who is in part responsible for guiding me in this direction. And I thank him for that, I have today ordered the BCF2000 so i will surely be asking a lot of questions about that when it arrives.

I have already had some teething issues answered by many of you, and wow how nice it is to have a forum with active support. Sorry Andre but in the end it was you , smoke and mirrors and i who seemd to be the support structure of that other company.

So moving on swiftly as i do not wish to dwell on the past.

I have one question about channels is there only 512 channels or is there a possibility of more universes.? as my current show uses 2 universes, this may change in the future as we are moving venue, but it would be good to know for future reference.
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Ive just had a look at the Daslight forum and I cant belive the way a company would treat / speak to its customers.
I dont blame anyone who defects away from such stupid ignorant companys like that.

I did see one post that slagged FS off saying it crashes all the time but I will put that down to ignorance and invite them to join in and try it out properly.

I also find it sad that Onge was forced to leave that forum in complete dispare at the companys attiude and lack of enthusiasum towards the product.
Could you imagine if the true support / helper guys or any user of this forum was treated that way? It would not happen and this software is free!

I proud to be part of FS and im always happy to help and share my knowledge in anyway I can. I know that without this forum FS would not be where it is and thats down to the support of people like Onge, LJ Krede, Remco, Mattotone, Shannon and many others.

Lets keep it this way :D

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

We'll try...

So, where can I send my pay cheque to? :D
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

remco_k wrote: So, where can I send my pay cheque to? :D
Send to:

Mr D Mxlighting
PO Box 512
Stageantheatre Row
Fixturesville
UK

or paypal my email address :D :D :D :D

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Lets keep it this way
Agreed :)

I jumped on the band wagon because I was helped out when I first got here. I got my hands around FS pretty fast with no previous DMX software experience, thanks to this forum. I learned alot and I'm still learning by being active here.

The only bad part about this forum is that we all live so far away from each other. It would be so cool to hang out and put down a few cold ones with you guys. And do a couple gigs together, of course.

I know, I know,,,,,, buy ya'll a plane ticket and we can make it happen. Got to win the lottery first :mrgreen:
Onge

Post by Onge »

Well I am quite lucky then. dmxlighting does not live far from myself and we have been out and had a cold one. A good bloke :)
Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:Ive just had a look at the Daslight forum and I cant belive the way a company would treat / speak to its customers.
I dont blame anyone who defects away from such stupid ignorant companys like that.

I did see one post that slagged FS off saying it crashes all the time but I will put that down to ignorance and invite them to join in and try it out properly.

I also find it sad that Onge was forced to leave that forum in complete dispare at the companys attiude and lack of enthusiasum towards the product.
Could you imagine if the true support / helper guys or any user of this forum was treated that way? It would not happen and this software is free!

I proud to be part of FS and im always happy to help and share my knowledge in anyway I can. I know that without this forum FS would not be where it is and thats down to the support of people like Onge, LJ Krede, Remco, Mattotone, Shannon and many others.

Lets keep it this way :D
Thank you dmxlighting, and thank everyone else on the FreeStyler Support Forum for just being you and caring enough to help support this great product we call FreeStyler and each other.

I know the guy you mentioned who said it crashes all the time, I have had quite a few email conversations with him and he has slagged of DVC2 as well. He seems a nice guy and just wants a product that does what it says on the tin. Hopefully he will see the "light", pun intended and come over to us as well.
I must admit when I first got FreeStyler back in 2006, I think it was only at version 1.5 or something like that, it did crash on me a few times and found it a bit awkward to use, I was very green to show lighting in general, so looking back it was not suprising really that I was confused and did not really understand it.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, I think the company wants to drop DVC2 in favour of their sister companies product, which is more superior in what it contains but is inferior in how you use it. Not sure if Suite 2 will be better.
richard csl
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by richard csl »

Yes but Onge look ath the price of suite 2. seriously expensive. and a difficult learning path for Daslight users. I have tried but can't get my head around only one cue at a time. and really crazy screen layouts, with crowns and eyelids etc. For a novice looking at the screen it makes no sense at all.

and in response to dmxlighting's posting when I fly back to the UK next I do intend to catch up with Onge as he lives in my neck of the woods. I originate from Margate SE coast. just not sure at the moment when I will be flying back as yet.
and yes keep the cold ones on hold till then.
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

richard csl wrote: keep the cold ones on hold till then.
I live about 7 miles from Andre :D

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Onge wrote:Well I am quite lucky then. dmxlighting does not live far from myself and we have been out and had a cold one. A good bloke :)
I drive now you didnt invite me ya bastards! :o
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

DJ Support wrote:
Onge wrote:Well I am quite lucky then. dmxlighting does not live far from myself and we have been out and had a cold one. A good bloke :)
I drive now you didnt invite me ya bastards! :o
so when do u want to come down south Adam ?

djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Welll one week I have monday and sunday off and the other I have tuesday wednesday off.... Where in the south were u thinking?
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

DJ Support wrote:Welll one week I have monday and sunday off and the other I have tuesday wednesday off.... Where in the south were u thinking?

Well me and Andre live in Kent (a few miles from each other). Its a good 3 hour drive from Tamworth. So anytime you wanna visit let me know, Im sure Andre will want to hook up too.

djSupport

Post by djSupport »

2 hours 55 mins
maybe we could all meet up half way :) this side of london I live in nuneaton NOT tamworth!

Milton keynes maybe or Hemel hempstead? I've mountain biked to hemel hempstead when I was younger lol!
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

Am I missing a forum meeting? :cry: :cry:
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

get on the eurostar remco_k and we'll all meet up in london :)
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Thats a great idea!

A mass meeting in London - Count me in!

djSupport

Post by djSupport »

Yeah remco can use it as an excuse for a holiday and bring his family or summat to holiday in London same goes for Raph then we'll all meet up for the day :)
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Shall we start a new topic for this 'Meet Up'

See who is interested in coming and then look at setting at time / place / date up for it ?

London is always a good place!

Return to “Off-Zone”