These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Band gig pics using Freestyler

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Band gig pics using Freestyler

Post by Shannon D »

Here's a few pics from a band gig two weeks ago. This gig was for a Mardi Gras Ball Party. I used the Akai MPD-16 midi controller by me and gave the keyboard player the FCB-1010 midi controller to run the lights. I decided to bring two Chauvet Legend 2000's on this gig to see if the keyboard player could handle controlling some movers. Needless to say, he just stomps the buttons and makes the lights change. I still have a good ways to go with some training for him. I plan on getting another midi trigger pad. Something big enough for me to hit while I'm playing the drums. The Akai is just too small for this application. It is great while I DJ, but not for the band.

I put the LED pars out front again by the monitors, but aimed them in different directions this time. So the one right in front the guitar player is not facing him, it's facing the lead singer in the middle. The one's right in front the lead singer are facing the guitar players. They were not blinding the guys this way and worked out much better.

Also notice that I used the Chauvet Vue2's and Vue3's out on the dance floor and ceiling. I figured, yes we are the band playing and we want to look good, but its their party and they want to dance. So I gave them some color too :mrgreen:

Here are the lights I used: 5 Chauvet Colorstrips, 6 Chauvet 200B LED pars, 2 Chauvet Legend 2000's, 2 Chauvet Vue2's and 2 Chauvet Vue3's. Freestyler of course with an Enttec Pro.

Anyway, here's a few pics. Sorry, no video this time.
DSC02490a.jpg
DSC02491a.jpg
DSC02497a.jpg
Me in action. Notice the laptop and Freestyler running next to me.
Larose Canival club 1-9-10 a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shannon D
FS is my life

Re: Band gig pics using Freestyler

Post by Shannon D »

There was a professional photographer at this event and on their website there are more pics of us while we were playing. Here are a few more pics, but they have the photographers watermark on them. You can see more of this event by going to:
http://petitesbijoux.zenfolio.com/p1838 ... #h22bebf91
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi Shannon

Nice pictures my friend. Its always really hard to get good shots of a light rig. Im probably the worlds worst photographer so most of my lighting pics are shite.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Thanks Lee,

I'm not the best photographer either. I wish folks would post more pics here. Good or bad photography skills. We are not here to judge the quality of the picture, just the lights :mrgreen: No seriously, it would be nice to see more pics or videos in this forum. Other forums I belong to (mostly drumming) live for pics being posted. I think it helps us come up with more ideas and become more creative. So start posting more pics & videos everyone. We want to see your stuff :D

Return to “Show us your shows...”