These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Multiple Instances of 3DEV

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Multiple Instances of 3DEV

Post by Hambone »

Has anyone tried running multiple simultaneous instances of Magic? In my band we have three typical stage configurations - small, medium, and large - and it would be awesome to be able to view all three stage types (without having to switch between them) while writing sequences to make sure everything looks good in each configuration.

If you have successfully done this, how did you go about it? Or am I just dreaming? :)

-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Multiple Instances of 3DEV

Post by remco_k »

I think you are just dreaming. :)
Even though it might (or might not) be possible to run multiple 3d easyview instances at the same time, FreeStyler only talks to one of them. So the other 2 don't get DMX data to show.

I just swap the loaded 3dev config on a regular bases.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dustin
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Post by dustin »

Just an idea, don't know if it's works ... what's about the zones in freestyler?

When you activate them and use one zone for one setup (small, medium, large), so at least you have three zones, does all zone talks with one Magic session or talks every zone with her own Magic session?
Greetings, Dustin
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

dustin wrote:Just an idea, don't know if it's works ... what's about the zones in freestyler?

When you activate them and use one zone for one setup (small, medium, large), so at least you have three zones, does all zone talks with one Magic session or talks every zone with her own Magic session?
Freestyler sends only one univers out, regardless the number of zones, so it wont work.
i tried to open more than one Magic session, it is not possible.

the best way to do it, is to make all the setups in same file for magic, make a big area where all the setups can be in on different places.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Hambone »

Brilliant idea for setting up multiple stage areas in the same stage file - I'll have to try that out... probably a much better solution than 3 instances which, after thinking about it a little more, would be crippling on all but the most powerful computers :)

Thanks for the idea!
-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”