These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

SENDS and RETURNS on BCF2000?- Ableton

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
robsnolca
Knows how to turn Lights ON

SENDS and RETURNS on BCF2000?- Ableton

Post by robsnolca »

Hi all,

here's my situation, I mix, as in doing final mixes with Ableton. I have a BCF2000 controller.
I'm sick of using the mouse to control the sends. I don't want to assing a rotary knob for every single SEND on every track, but that is the only way that I seem to be able to control them.

What I want to do is:

For exmaple,

if I push button 1, then rotary knobs 1-8 will control SEND A for tracks 1-8.
If I push button 2, then rotary knobs 1-8 will control SEND B for tracks 1-8.

and so on....

is this possible? could somebody explain me how? please

don't re-direct me to another forum where people aren't even talking about this.
I would aprreciate the help. Cheers.

my controller: http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/BCF2000.aspx

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: SENDS and RETURNS on BCF2000?- Ableton

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi

Im not totally sure if you can do this but if its possible you will need to use BCedit.
This lets you set up the BCF in various different ways and allows you to assign a midi channel / note to any button(s) or fade(s)r you want.
You will find the software on the manufacturers website.
There is a problem with uploading the to the bcf with this software so once you have created the changes you want and saved the file I recommend using 'Bomes SendSX' (its free just google it or look on this forum, its here somewhere) to upload the file to BCF.

Its possible that you might need a third part software that allows 1 midi / note to multiselect others. Im not an expert in midi (or much else! lol)
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

robsnolca wrote:if I push button 1, then rotary knobs 1-8 will control SEND A for tracks 1-8.
If I push button 2, then rotary knobs 1-8 will control SEND B for tracks 1-8.
i'm almost sure that the default (factory) setting does what

as you can see on the picture above the 8 rotary knobs can change midi/setting by using the 4 buttons at the top right of the BCF. i think you can download the default syx file from the behringer website
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
robsnolca
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by robsnolca »

Hey thanks for that dmxlighting, I've already use the BC Editor, no succes on achieving what I am after. Thought thanks for the tip on sending info to my BCF it has failed all the time, now I know why. Cheers

LJ_krede.dk

no, the default didn't control the sends, it didn't even control the pans. Though, it does do what I am want to do with EQs and Compressors. Meaning, one encoder will select for example the Frequency on the EQ and then knobs 1-8 will control each respective number on the eq. Push another encoder and you get to control the Gain, the knobs 1-8 will control each respective number on the eq. Don't know how they programmed it this way. If I assign an ecoder to the EQ's gain, then the encoder will just turn the button on and off, but not seelct it so that the rotary controls can do their job.

But that's what I want to do with the sends. Your solution is not bad, but it means a lot of pushing back and forth on the group encoders, when techincally I should be able to control PAN, SEND A, SEND B, SEND C, VOLUME on tracks 1-8 by just using one controller group.

or that's my idea at least.
Cheers either way

any other sugeestions? anyone?

Return to “BCF2000”