These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Novation LaunchPad

Questions regarding general external control forum.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Novation LaunchPad

Post by dmxlighting »

Looks like the controler Ive been looking for - might order one to play with!

Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
byoung85
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by byoung85 »

Will this work with Freestyler, if so does anyone have any experience using this with Freestyler?
tdreesmann
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5

Post by tdreesmann »

...I've ordered it and I will try the next days...Seems to be a very clever solution !
Scrinson
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Scrinson »

Hi tdreesmann,

How did you get on with the Launchpad?
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

Hey folks so i purchased the novation launchpad the other day in hopes that it it would answer all lifes mystery along with one more controller.... Sad to say it did not. :? I took it out of the box and hooked it up to find to my dismay, the thing only lights up red if your not using ableton with it. So i did do a little searching on line and found a program that im trying out called midi katapult that seems to give me a few light changing options but not what i want. I want not for it to be pretty but to function well with what i"m doing. Preferably a static color and change to another color when you turn something on or off like the override buttons. At this point i am a little out of my element when it comes to programing stuff soooooooo ;) if any of you beautifull people could guide me in a direction of this accomplishment i would be forever smiling upon you :mrgreen:

http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/si ... erence.pdf

I found this but have no idea what i am doing when it comes to programming though it seemed to be a helpfull piece of info for any one who might possess this skill
tdreesmann

Re: AW: Novation LaunchPad

Post by tdreesmann »

hi,

you have to work with AUTOMAP 4.x (homepage Novation...)

then you have to change the External Control/Midi control in the Setup from Freestyler: In-> launchpad out-> Automap MIDI

so you can choose every function...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
tdreesmann

Re: AW: Novation LaunchPad

Post by tdreesmann »

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

thanks I actually switched over to touchscreen now so it kind of just sits in the box thinking I may use it for projection mapping
nuutitu
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4

Post by nuutitu »

Hi,
I also purchased the Launchpad for controlling lights, as I run both VirtualDJ and Freestyler on same PC. Makes it much easier, as I don't have to switch between apps in live situation.
But seems like I'm quite rookie with Launchpad: I was able to make Launchpad control freestyler, but wasn't able to get any reasonable feedback. As on those pics it seems, that the feedback can also be done, could you please give a detailed instructions, what should be done to get feedback working with launchpad and automap. Do I need some special drivers or how to configure the SW to enable the feedback.

br
Tuukka

Return to “General Midi Controllers”