These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

being a newbie

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Onge

Re: being a newbie

Post by Onge »

Hmm, very strange.

In the lastest version of DVC2 beta I have, there is a new program in the install directory and it is called ScanLib.exe, I thought is was just another part of the existing ScanLibrary program, but I tried to run it on it's own and it starts the "New" not released ScanLibrary Version 2 program and in that there is a Gobo Editor.

As said the images are 120x120 pixels.
You can create your own from scratch :)
You can import picture into it :)
You can save them out as .evg files :)

If you get the beta from the Daslight website you need to change the name of the install file from DVC2_beta.exe to DVC2_setup.exe that is how good they are !!!!!!!
If you do install it when you are saving the gobos remember to point to the FreeStyler\Scanlibrary\Icon folder.

I don't like mentioning that comapny anymore, but people might not know who I am talking about.
I am trying not to saying anything bad about Sunlite as they supply the Magic 3D Easy View program for us to use but is the sister company to the other one.

Hope that helps,

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Just did a quick search and found this thread on creating custom gobos in ScanLibrary:

http://www.nicolaudie.com/forum_support ... f=8&t=2453

Did we hijack again :lol:
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon D wrote:Did we hijack again :lol:
Yes you did, but it is for a good cause :D

I knew i have seen something about this in an old topic, so did a liitle search:

Putt new gobos into 3D Easyview?

I haven't tried it so don't know if it's working
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Putt new gobos into 3D Easyview?
I tried that way back when and it didn't quite work for me. Mattone stated that it didn't totally work for him as well.

As stated in this thread: http://www.nicolaudie.com/forum_support ... f=8&t=2453

I downloaded the ESA PRO from here: http://www.nicolaudie.com/download.php and installed. I went in the ESAPRO folder and opened scanlib.exe (the new Scan Library Editor). The new editor has way more features to edit fixture files for 3D. You will probably have to save them in the old format (.ssl). I haven't tried to fix my fixture files for 3D, but will when I get more time. I looks like they have been working on making it better.

I also made a copy of the scanlib.exe and pasted it in the FS folder. The ESAPRO folder can be dumped afterwards.

The online manual for the new editor can be found here:
http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?affman=323
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

[Edit] wrong link
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on February 6th, 2010, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
Shannon D wrote: The online manual for the new editor can be found here:
http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?affman=323
don't work. try this instead: http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals_ftp/manual_esa_pdf.pdf
This link http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?affman=323 takes me straight there. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. It should take you here:
scanlibrary scrn.jpg

The pdf manual you posted is not the same manual for the new Scan Library Editor. The attached pdf is for esa, but has nothing about the new scan library editor. I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

Its amazing how this thread has ended up helping evrybody!

Well done guys
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Onge

Post by Onge »

I fail on your link as well Shannon D.

I think it might not allow direct linking and what you are getting is your cached copy as now I have visted the page proper I can use the link you supplied.
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Onge wrote:I fail on your link as well Shannon D.

I think it might not allow direct linking and what you are getting is your cached copy as now I have visted the page proper I can use the link you supplied.
I found the page by using the menus on sunlites website. when I click on the link now it works!!! if i remove my cookies it doesn't
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
fcprod1
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by fcprod1 »

remco_k wrote:
fcprod1 wrote:Yes i can open up the Magic 3d viewer and i can add the fixtures to it . Dont see any numbers moving but they say that they are on in freestyler. Cant seem to make the lights come on in magic 3d
And you did selected the "virtual interface" in FS?
is that under the set up screen? I only have the option under Interface for controller and not virtual interface or am i looking in the wrong spot.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

is that under the set up screen? I only have the option under Interface for controller and not virtual interface or am i looking in the wrong spot.
Yes, under setup, then controller and off to the right should be a drop down box. Virtual Interface is the last one. Don't forget to click SAVE.
fcprod1
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by fcprod1 »

ahhhh i got it thanks guys! It works! I appreciate it!
Onge

Post by Onge »

I have added some more info and screen shots to the "Adding objects to your stage" section of the Using Magic 3D Easy View tutorial in the FreeStyler Wiki.

Select the FreeStyler Wiki Home which is towards the top left of this page, blwoe the banner, and then select the Using Magic 3D Easy View link.

More to come as I get the time, please be patient.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I have now completed the Magic 3D Easy View tutorial, well I hope so. It does not go through every feature of MEV but is a good grounding and should enable you to figure out more, but if you get stuck then please ask and I will try to help as best as I can.

It can be found here.

Comments, questions, suggestions to improve it are more than welcome.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Your an Animal Andre :lol: Awesome Job! I know that took some time to put together. Recognition well deserved for your efforts to the wiki.

Onge Rocks!!!!
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:Your an Animal Andre :lol: Awesome Job! I know that took some time to put together. Recognition well deserved for your efforts to the wiki.

Onge Rocks!!!!

Why thank you kind sir.

As said any questions about Magic 3D Easy View then let me know.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”