These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

being a newbie

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
sahart2002
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3

being a newbie

Post by sahart2002 »

i have looked around the forum for how to do this but cant find it anywhere.

how do you sync the cues on FS to Magic 3D Easy View??

The use of lights in Churches.

A Very Good Idea
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: being a newbie

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

sahart2002 wrote:i have looked around the forum for how to do this but cant find it anywhere.

how do you sync the cues on FS to Magic 3D Easy View??
i'm, not sure what you mean about sync?

if you are talking about getting Magic 3d to show your running sequences, you have to open Magic 3d from the Freestyler software. magic 3d has to be installed in the freestyler folder to work. when you install freestyler you can check that you want magic 3d installed as well.

When freestyler is up running you have a "Magic 3D Easy View" button showing "3D" in the main menu. click on that to open magic 3d. now you can add some fixtures in magic you can control from freestyler.

OBS: Remember to select a interface or the virtual interface in the freestyler setup menu. otherwise freestyler wont send out any dmx data. many people i know forget to do this and cant find out why magic 3d don't work with freestyler

I hoped that helped and was the correct answer for your question. if not, please write again.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
sahart2002

Post by sahart2002 »

ive got all of that set up corrrectly.

set 3d magic fixtures the same as my fixtures on FS, open it up but dont know how to get FS to talk to 3D when trying to see the sequence

A Very Good Idea
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

sahart2002 wrote:ive got all of that set up corrrectly.

set 3d magic fixtures the same as my fixtures on FS, open it up but dont know how to get FS to talk to 3D when trying to see the sequence
Start freestyler, select the virtual interface as output, press the 3D button to start 3d magic easy view and run your sequence.
That should work. If not, you misconfigured the devices or DMX channels.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
sahart2002

Post by sahart2002 »

still doesnt seem to work, even when i run FS as an administrator

im using vista btw

A Very Good Idea
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

please describe in details what you have done, them maybe we can figure out whats wrong
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
sahart2002

Post by sahart2002 »

1) installed FS
2) instaled magic into the same folder
3) set up the fixtures i wanted in FS and then made the sequences and cues (virtual interface selected)
4) pressed the 3D button in FS
5) pressed "new stage"
6) construction view, added the same fixtures on the same channels
7) went back to FS and pressed play

and nothing happend on magic 3D

A Very Good Idea
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

sahart2002 wrote:1) installed FS
2) instaled magic into the same folder
Not sure about this.
Maybe you should have selected the Magic 3d installer in the FreeStyler setup (there's an option for it).
I think the FreeStyler setup does some more that just install it in the FS directory.

Try that?
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

remco_k wrote: Not sure about this.
Maybe you should have selected the Magic 3d installer in the FreeStyler setup (there's an option for it).
I think the FreeStyler setup does some more that just install it in the FS directory.
i have done it the same way as sahart2002: look at this topic. but yes i also recommend to get the FS installation to install magic 3d for you.

the easiest way is to uninstall magic and freesyler, remove all old folders and install FS again an choose to let the FS installation to install magic 3d for you. also you have to accept the two drivers the FS (magic) installation want to install. if this not working try this:

1) try to open Edit --> Show Output in freestyler. when you are changing some values for your fixture, you should see the dmx values are changing in this window. try it and tell us what you see?

2) if number one works try this. Open magic 3d via the button in freestyler. in magic 3d theres is a button "DMX". click on it. when you are changing some values for your fixture in freestyler, you should see the dmx values are changing in this dmx window in magic 3d. try it and tell us what you see?

if number 1 and two works as it should, its something about your fixture, dmx and/or dmx adressing
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
sahart2002

Post by sahart2002 »

i uninstalled then reinstalled the programs, (had to do it separatly) but put magic into every thing of freestyler on my pc

it now works with some of the lights

cheers for your help

A Very Good Idea
fcprod1
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by fcprod1 »

Hi I am having the same issues. Cannot get lights on fixtures to turn on in Magic 3d. I have followed the steps as mention and I have even removed both Freestyler and Magic 3d and reinstalled and putting them in the same folder but problem still persists. I would like to use Magic 3d to build scenes instead of having to plug in my lights all the time. Please help.
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Can you be more specific to the problem? Can you open 3D? Have you created your fixtures in 3D? Can you see output changing in FS and 3D? Tell us exactly where your at with this and we will try to help.
fcprod1
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by fcprod1 »

Yes i can open up the Magic 3d viewer and i can add the fixtures to it . Dont see any numbers moving but they say that they are on in freestyler. Cant seem to make the lights come on in magic 3d
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I struggled with 3D in the beginning and feel your pain. I still can't get every light to work perfect, like gobos, prism, etc. Don't expect it to work perfect, but you can do some basic programming without hooking up the lights. I personnally would not do a gig with just the programming done in 3D. I would verify the programming with the actual lights before going to a job. Ok, so let's see if we can atleast get your lights on.

If you have done everything as stated in the above postings, then It sounds like something is not configured right in 3D. Possibly the fixture file in 3D. I did have to use ScanLibrary.exe to correct some parameters in the 3D fixture file and make a new file on a few of my fixtures. ScanLibrary.exe is in the Freestyler folder and is the fixture creator for 3D. I'll post some screen shots of my 3D and maybe something will jump out at you :twisted: :o :lol: :lol:
3d.jpg
This what I see when I go in the "Construction Mode" and expand my fixtures. The addresses and channel descriptions should match up to the same thing in FS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

This is what I see when I click on Add Fixtures. Notice each light is lined up with the correct channels as FS. You can add several lights to the same address by stacking them on top of each other. So if you have 6 LED pars that you want to behave exactly the same, you can stack them.
3d a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

This one shows that my dmx channels are changing with FS.
3d dmx.jpg
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Here's one of ScanLibrary with my Chauvet 200B LED par. One cool thing here is you can change the beam size that will show up in 3D.

One thing I just remembered about my 200B LED pars. I had to invert the dimmer channel in FS for them to work properly in 3D. When I go back using the actual lights live, I have to switch it back to normal. You can invert any of the channels in FS by going to the output page and right clicking to get to that option.

If you edit or create a new file in ScanLibrary, you have to delete the fixture in your 3D fixture list and then add the fixture back in for the updates or new file to work. This also applies to FS if using Fixture Creator.
scanlibrary.jpg
remco_k

Post by remco_k »

fcprod1 wrote:Yes i can open up the Magic 3d viewer and i can add the fixtures to it . Dont see any numbers moving but they say that they are on in freestyler. Cant seem to make the lights come on in magic 3d
And you did selected the "virtual interface" in FS?
Onge

Post by Onge »

@Shannon D.

Nice and quick tutorial there, well done.

Both the 3D MEV and Scanlibrary are programs that I am very familiar with and I will be creating tutorials for them on the FreeStyler Wiki when I get time.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta

Post by dmxlighting »

@ Shannon

I think you have talked your self into making an FS wiki page fpr this! - No excuses!!!!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:@ Shannon

I think you have talked your self into making an FS wiki page fpr this! - No excuses!!!!
I have created the (template) pages.

I have started the Magic 3D Easy View one, I have not got very far at the moment.

People are more than welcome to take over/change/add pages for the FreeStyler Wiki, maybe they can win that elusive Enttec Pro USB DMX interface.

EDIT:-
I have added some more info and screen shots to the "Adding objects to your stage" section of this tutorial.

Select the FreeStyler Wiki Home which is towards the top left of this page, blwoe the banner, and then select the Using Magic 3D Easy View link.

More to come as I get the time, please be patient.
Last edited by Onge on March 28th, 2010, 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added I have added more to the FreeStyler Wiki for the using 3D Magic Easy View topic.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I'll take a look and add to it. I managed to get all my lights to respond in 3D, but it probably took me a painful solid two weeks to work it all out. I stated before that there are several things that I haven't figured out, like creating exact gobos of a specific fixture. I had to settle for gobos that worked in other fixtures, but were similar. This took some time to figure out as well. And of course, built-in programs of LED and other fixtures will never work in 3D.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I am afraid you cannot create your own gobos fro Magic 3D Easy View. I have asked a few times what graphics format they are in so I could create the .evg and .sgl files, but got no reply at all, not ever, but I would not suprised about that would I ????????.

You can on the Sunlite website request fixtures to be made for you by the Sunlite people and they should then get the correct gobos etc. and will be added to the next version as well.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

I tried messing with the .evg and .sgl files, but no luck either. I did email the folks at Sunlite. Never got any reply. I figured it was because I didn't have a registered product or something. Anyway, I'm passed that point now. I have all my lights working, but they are modified a bit. I really don't need 3D to be perfect. It's good enough for programming color changes and some movements/positions while away from the actual fixtures, but all movements/position changes have to be re-tweaked once the lights are set up.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:... I did email the folks at Sunlite. Never got any reply. I figured it was because I didn't have a registered product or something. ...
That has nothing to do with it, I think they just do not want people to be able to create their own "gobos".

I am sure that .sgl are for the Scanlibrary program and the .evg for Easy View. I know they are 120x120 in size, I have been able to get that info, but it does not matter what graphics program I have tried none recognize the extensions and they still do not get recognized in programs that ignore the extension and open up the graphic based on it's file structure.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”