These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Building a custom desk running Freestyler!

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Josh
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Building a custom desk running Freestyler!

Post by Josh »

The send message at a glance looks interesting, is there a proper spec for this protocol anywhere, as in what valid messages from the NET framework can FS operate on? At first glance this looks similar to the options available in the keyboard shortcuts variation of external control, but instead of being internally mapped, one can do it from a 3rd party app.

Hell, if the Send message has enough detail, or could be extended to have enough, you could write a skin to go over the top and allow personalized interfacing to pretty well anything. It would still have to run on a windows PC but I'd be willing to compromise if it meant not having to re-write the whole thing. And would be an advantage to the FS community as anything I produce can be used by all FS users if they wish.

How for example are other people managing to write touch screen drivers, sound to light apps etc?

I also had the thought today of adding Zigbee wireless support directly into FS, rather than having to convert from USB-->DMX-->wireless....pointless! If FS could become part of a Zigbee system, you have yourself the ability to develop you own wireless fixtures that can be controlled from FS.....just a thought, one that I'll write myself if I can.

Cheers

stuv
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by stuv »

osh, I really like some of your ideas here.... As it stands my project has been halted, due to time constraints and dificulty in finding one of the main components I need. I am still planning on completeing this, however I'm sure my Ideas will evolve before the project is complete.

I would love to hear of any new developments you come up with :)
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Josh wrote: How for example are other people managing to write touch screen drivers, sound to light apps etc?
S2L is just an normal external .exe program. There's just one way for communications: the FreeStyler sendmessage protocol, which uses the Windows SendMessage API.
See: http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... 84&p=11819
Easy to implement for every software developer - and few topics can be found here with examples or questions.

If some functionality is not there in the FS sendmessage protocol, then you can ask Raph to add it. Maybe he does.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
markboere
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by markboere »

Hi,

It's a shame i didn't look in to this forum earlier. I to have been buisy developping a controlbooth for freestyler. I've been using Freestyler for about 2 years now. I saw a custom build console for the MA lighting software and immidiatly thought I have to have that. I to was thinking of taking apart premade midi consoles, but immidiatly stopped this due to well... money. I ran into an artikel online about Midibox. It's a principle using processors that can turn analog signals into digital. it is much, much cheaper and virtualy unlimited. i'm still in the designing fase, but when I finaly have some concrete plans, i will open a topic fully guiding the proces. Are you finished with your console? I'd like to see a design from you to help me going.

Greetings
Mark Boere

Return to “General Midi Controllers”