These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

need to know

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
martinscott
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater
Twitter: online seo training(3)

need to know

Post by martinscott »

My computer recently crashed, so I had to start from scratch. Since it is 2006 version of Vista, my computer automatically did 3 years of Vista updates that were "important." My question is: Windows is also offering to download "recommended" updates for Vista from the last three years.

Is this necessary?

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: need to know

Post by remco_k »

Depending on what you are planning to do;

If you are planning to work on your computer standalone, with no internet connection (via LAN or whatever), no e-mail or other ways of communication with the outside world and your Vista workstation is working good for you; no - its not necessary.

If you are planning to work with internet and/or e-mail or some type of connection to the outside world, then yes - you should update and keep it up to date.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: need to know

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

I think Some of the "recommended" updates are not necessary, it depends what you have of programs on the computer, and what type of updates it is.

For Example.. My Visata recommend me to update the spamfilter for outlook and other updates regarding Internet explore, but i dont have these programs installed on my computer. usually i choose no for these updates.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “Off-Zone”