These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

A few pics from Friday night July 3, 2009

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

A few pics from Friday night July 3, 2009

Post by Shannon D »

Hi All,

Here are a few pics from a wedding I did Friday night, July 3, 2009. I used the following lights with Freestyler:

2 - Chauvet Qspot moving heads
2 - Chauvet Qscan 250's
7 - Chauvet Colorstrips
2 - Chauvet Vue 2's
2 - Chauvet Vue 3's
1 - mirror ball
1 - fog machine
DSC01565.jpg
DSC01568.jpg
Here are links to Youtube where I posted videos from that night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikg7VAoCipw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=849KglKrWoU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: A few pics from Friday night July 3, 2009

Post by dmxlighting »

Nice setup. Im most glad to see that you, unlike many mobile discos out there take pride in the apperence of all the kit.
Neat and tidy kit and cable work!

One question, as you are using 7 colorstrips, do you not find this a bit too bright. Its not a critisism, its just that with only 2 color strips people have moaned about it being bright.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Thanks for the compliment. I do take pride in setup and cable management. It takes longer to set up, but I think its worth the extra time. As far as the colorstrips being too bright, I do agree when using the automatic programs. I try to use the RGB mixing at lower intensities in my sequences for static scenes like for slow songs. The colorstrips that are running horizontal on the truss are usually aimed down some what. I don't aim them straight out to the crowd, that way they don't get the full intensity. The vertical colorstrips on the stands, well, if your standing straight in front of them, its bright. Any comments, suggestions or ideas are welcomed. I am always looking to improve my show. Thanks again.

Shannon D
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

I have heard the Chauvet are bring out a mark 2 version on the colorstrip which will have a master intensity, I hope that its just a software change on the original unit! That will help big time with the brightness issues.

Its always worth extra time to setup properly and neatly. I work in production and install and Ive been known to shout at people for untidy cable runs.
If a jobs worth doing....

Mobile discos are among the WORST people in the 512universe for bad setups. Just google peoples setups, these people are so PROUD of crap untidy kit that the put up photos of it! Shame on them! But it does make those who make the effort look even better (I hope). Thanks for being one of those people. My faith in mankind has been restored :lol:
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “Show us your shows...”