These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

WINUSB

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
LightDesigner
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

WINUSB

Post by LightDesigner »

Hello!!
I have a problem with magic 3d easy view.
When I start the program displays a warning that says: Unable to start the application. WINUSB was not found.
I've tried reinstalling the program but does not work!
Someone knows where can I get this WINUSB.DLL?
Thanks!
Federico.

P.S:Sorry for the english..but i'm italian!! :oops:
:fs:

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: WINUSB

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

i have never seen or heard of this problem..... until yesterday.. have the same error now

I uninstalled Freestyler and easy viewer on my computer running XP and installed version 3.1 and the beta version I'm testing, in different directories, both with easy viewer... now i have the same error.

when I'm trying to run easy viewer from Freestyler by clicking on the 3d icon nothing happens.. when I'm trying to open easy viewer elsewhere the "Unable to start the application. WINUSB was not found." error is shown.
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on June 14th, 2009, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Thank you, Onge...

The winusb.dll file have to be put in Freestyler installation folder, then it works
Onge wrote:I am not quite sure why this happens, but I think it has something to do with non-native drivers on Vista machines. What interface are you using ?
it can also happen on XP, as it did to me (as i wrote), and I'm not using any interface on this computer (no drivers installed), so it cant be that which causes the problem.

maybe it is the the easy viewer installation file itself you are downloading, which is the problem?
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on June 18th, 2009, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
Maybe that is the reason that no drivers are installed ?!?!?!?
i cant see how this should be the problem. easy viewer should not use a interface driver for everything. Freestyler is set to use the virtual interface, and it have worked until now.. I have used the installation file for freestyler 3.0.1 several times, but you cant be sure that the easy view installation is the same because you are downloading it every time.

I will try to install FS on a different computer and see how it goes
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:I will try to install FS on a different computer and see how it goes
I have the same problem on my second laptop (Windows XP), now I'm almost sure there is something wrong with the installation file for easy view which the freestyler installation is downloading.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

sorry.. I misunderstood you, Onge. I thought you meant the driver for a dmx interface. I always asked to install the two drivers you mentioned, and have never used these programs/interfaces. I always instal them both, so its not that which is the problem.

I also did a search on my computer, did not find the file besides the one i got from Onge and copied to the freestyler folder
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
firstblackboy
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by firstblackboy »

I had the same problem yesterday also. What worked for me is i found a Vista machine (since after researching I found that the winusb.dll is a vista file) found the winusb.dll file in the c:\windows\system32 directory. Copied it to the c:\windows\system32 directory of my XP machine and walla it worked like a charm. Not sure why it wasn't installed during installation, but it wasn't and this fix worked for me. Give it a try and let me know if it worked (or if it was just a fluke for me)

Thanks
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Onge the latest beta too made me install those driver files i've never had that happen on any fs install before and I own no daslight equipment...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”