These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

HELP!

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
djdavie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

HELP!

Post by djdavie »

Im not quite sure if this is a bug or just my fault. I just purchased an ENTEC OPEN DMX dongle.. and everything seems to be working GREAT so far. (love it!) the freestyler software is probably some of the easiest software I've ever used. HOWEVER, when i go to save a location, it will pop up the "save location" dialog box, and as soon as I try and type a filename, freestyler just freezes up on me and i have to manually (ctrl-alt-delete) shut down the program thus loosing all the info that I had set up.. I have tried re-installing the software to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix for this? Many thanks for any help in this matter.

Thanks!

Djdavie

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: HELP!

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

djdavie wrote:when i go to save a location, it will pop up the "save location" dialog box, and as soon as I try and type a filename, freestyler just freezes up on me
I have never seen or heard about this error before. are you using special signs in the name of the file? have you tried to save on different locations/directories? if not, in which location are you saving at?

I am not sure if this has something to do with it but what operative system are you using? XP, Vista, another one?

any ways, try to give as much information as you can. then it is easier for us to try helping you
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
djdavie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by djdavie »

Alrighty, here is the computer im using
comptype.jpg
it freze on my computer whenever i click in the text box for the filename. i can change directories, subdirfectories, etc.. its just when i click on the text box for the filename is where it freeze up.. weird huh?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Most strange!

What version of FS are you using? How much freespace have you got on your hard drive? Are you running any other apps at the same time as FS?
Its hard to see from the picture you uploaded so how much memory have you got?

FS really should not be crashing like this for no reason. There must be another factor somewhere.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Strange problem, trying to help by thinking stupid and importand things at the same time out loud:

The directory were the file is going to be saved in, are there many files in it? (say more than 500 or so)
Are there files/subdirectories in it with strange filenames (weird less common used characters in files?

Try selecting another directory, for testing, say c:\freestyler\
Does it save correctly then?
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Software”