These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX 400

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
p.k.roberts
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.37
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

DMX 400

Post by p.k.roberts »

I often use the DMX 400 'chaser' but there are a couple of things that I think would make it it a bit more user friendly. I would really like it if, after closing down and restarting the computer, the window opened as I last left it rather than at the default values. I would also find it useful if the controls, particularly the sliders, showed up with a bit more contrast. Finally, if I were looking for a luxury feature, it would be a 'Tap-Time' control.
Just a few suggestions. Thanks, as ever, for the great software!

Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: DMX 400

Post by Mattotone »

Tap tempo has already been included, this can be found on the cue manager, midi implementation and keyboard shortcut.
The tap tempo control, is a global tempo which affects cues and the dmx 400. The dmx400 can also be sound controlled.
Kind regards
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
p.k.roberts
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.37
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by p.k.roberts »

I knew about the tap-time in the Cue Manager, but didn't realise it was global - cheers for the tip!
Floyd1998
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Floyd1998 »

Hi sorry to reopen an old post but I'm a beginer with Freestyler and just have a question about DMX400.
I use a Multidim MKII from Showtec with Par Can's and I have created Fixture working fine with the DMX 400 control in Freestyler.

But....

How is it possible to improve the switching mode of a channel?
If you put the fade at 10% and speed at 0% it is the maximum than you can do without having all the lights continuously on.
How is it possible to change the fade cursor level ?
My idea is that at 0% fade the value are switching from 0 to 255 wthout passing all the value 0,1,2,3,..., 253,254,255
At this moment I understand that he Fade cursor control the speed for passing from 0 to 255 and it's to slow for me I still have a fade efect regarding the CX4 command i was using until now

Thanks by advance

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”