These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Selecting Fixture to do Cues

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
pmn-concepts
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3

Selecting Fixture to do Cues

Post by pmn-concepts »

Hi folks,

I'm using Freestyler fpr about 6 months now, but the ist one thing I miss: I'm using this setup for example: 4 movingheads on my backtruss, 4 movingheads on the front-truss. Now I've programmed a cue for the mhs on the backtruss, let's say they do the shape circle in color red. Now I want to use the same cue on the front, is it possible to tell the heads on the front to react to the cue-list which ist written for the back?

Another way would be, to write a general cuelist for all headspots an tell the mhs on the front, only to react to the cuelist when I want them to do it. Wold this be possible?

Thanks for your time

ziggy2
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Re: Selecting Fixture to do Cues

Post by ziggy2 »

in this case I would write a general sequence (or Cue-list) for all the fixtures
and then write another sequence with an "off command" (example overriding the shutter to make it "closed") => one for each group that you want to "mute"
put these sequences onto the override buttons et that's it (you can activate these buttons with key-shortcuts !!)

if you want to stop the mouvements of the muted "head" you also have to put a snap command for pan and tilt in this "mute-sequence"
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

pmn-concepts wrote:is it possible to tell the heads on the front to react to the cue-list which ist written for the back?
Yes, that would be the clone feature:
1) right click on the fixture you want to do the same as another light, for your concern the front light.
2) click on the "Clone fixture..." (on top)
3) now from the new menu select the fixture you want to clone from, like the back light

now the fixture you selected in step 1 would do the same as the fixture you chose in step 2, when you are running a cur for the step 2 light. you can make several fixtures to be clone from the fixture
Another way would be, to write a general cuelist for all headspots an tell the mhs on the front, only to react to the cuelist when I want them to do it. Wold this be possible?
Yes, you can "remove" a fixture from playback of sequence

First you have to make a sequence for all the same lights you want, thats the only way to make a "general" sequence
1) right click on the fixture you want to ignore from a playback of sequence
2) click on the "remove fixture from playback"

I would recommend the first option (clone) because, if you choose "remove fixture from playback" you cant run other sequences for that light

hopes that helps a little bit?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
pmn-concepts
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3

Post by pmn-concepts »

okay, i've tried these possibilites in the past... it helps, but i think it's only a workaround for me.

I think the easiest way would be if it would be possible to highlight some fixtures and to apply a cue just for these fixtures... but okay, if there is no chance like that i'm going to write a general cue and start a second cue which only includes some fixtures i want to override (thanks to ltp :-))

Return to “FreeStyler Software”