These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Intimidator 1.2 (my version)

infinity6
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Chauvet Intimidator 1.2 (my version)

Post by infinity6 »

Wow, what timing! I was going to post this last week, since the 1.2 fixture wasn't there. Got lazy (also did my first public performance using Freestyler at a Valentine's Day Rave in Portland OR) so I'm getting around to uploading it today.

So here's my version of the Intimidator 1.2. I made it by modifying the 1.0 file already in existence. Hope it works as well for anybody else as it does for me (as in it works perfectly for me).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

infinity6

Re: Chauvet Intimidator 1.2 (my version)

Post by infinity6 »

And also, I've been a model forum user - pat me on the back. I've been reading and reading, and experimenting and programming at home for about a month. Hi everybody, I'm not lurking anymore. :fs:
infinity6 wrote:Wow, what timing! I was going to post this last week, since the 1.2 fixture wasn't there. Got lazy (also did my first public performance using Freestyler at a Valentine's Day Rave in Portland OR) so I'm getting around to uploading it today.

So here's my version of the Intimidator 1.2. I made it by modifying the 1.0 file already in existence. Hope it works as well for anybody else as it does for me (as in it works perfectly for me).
infinity6

Post by infinity6 »

Onge wrote:Thanks for the fixture post and grats on you doing your show.
Thanks!

Which forum is the most appropriate to discuss all the fun (!?!) I had with my first time out in public using Freestyler. I didn't get video (but I will at the show coming up this weekend - MAJOR headliner, plus it's my birthday party) so the 'videos of my shows' forum isn't the appropriate one... hmmm.... :?:
infinity6

Post by infinity6 »

I didn't take any video or pictures myself, was too busy glued to Freestyler. On the review forum for the event, none of the pictures or videos people have posted (so far) show my lightshow. So with no pics or video, not much point in posting in that forum...

But this week's show, look out! We'll have some serious talent there, I've already made sure I have a video guy there, and by the time it happens I will have procured a photographer too.

Then I can write my long-winded story about last weekend... :ugeek:
ko stradivarius
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by ko stradivarius »

I haven't had time to try your fixture file to check this out.
But, have you noticed that the corresponding Intimidator 1.2 fixture file in the 3D visualizer doesn't match the dmx values in freestyler?
For instance, selecting a color value in Freestyler produces a different color in the 3D visualizer, or selecting a specific gobo isn't whats shown in 3D.
The tracking of the mirror is all correct though.
infinity6

Post by infinity6 »

Hmm... yes, I think I have noticed that, but I don't rely on Magic 3D too much, I use the lights themselves for knowing that the DMX values I'm sending thru freestyler make the light do what it's supposed to do. I also programmed them using the DMX tables for the Intimidator 1.2.

The Scan Library files for the Martin Roboscan are also completely wrong, and for some reason, even after changing the values around, Magic 3D still does not respond at all to color and gobo information. So I'm not so convinced that Magic3D is working the way it's supposed to, at least on my system. I do know that the DMX values sent to all my lights make my lights behave correctly. I'm not sure why Magic3D doesn't interpret the same DMX information correctly.

I do know that on my Intimidators, I have dipswitch 10 set to ON, and dipswitch 10 is 'invert pan and tilt'. But color and gobo should be right on. I'll play around some more to see why Magic 3D can't get the DMX info correct.
infinity6

Post by infinity6 »

indeed the color and gobo information in the Magic3D ScanLibrary files for both the Intimidator 1.0 and 1.2 are completely wrong. If you put some intimidator 1.0 fixtures in freestyler and patch them into Magic3D you'll see that the color/gobo information is incorrect. And the 1.0 files come bundled with each application.

As I don't have a large studio space for programming my lights, I'm hoping I can do a lot of homework using just the visualizer. So I will spend the time to correct these files, and once I have and they're complete, I'll upload them. Since I own both these fixtures, I can verify that color/gobo data is correct.
n0ttelling
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by n0ttelling »

Anyone every create an accurate fixture profile for the Intimidator 1.0?

Return to “Chauvet”