These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Windows Vista 64Bit

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
kindlefire
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.95G

Windows Vista 64Bit

Post by kindlefire »

Hey guys quick question I've been using Freestyler for awhile as well as Sunlite FC. I want to by a new laptop but all the laptops now come with 64bit. And i keep reading that there is no driver out there for them. I love usign Freestyler but for bigger shows where i need something like Easyshow i use Sunlite. Is there any other program out there that will operate under windows vista 64bit.

Thanks
John

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Windows Vista 64Bit

Post by remco_k »

I think the problem is not FreeStyler but, as you say yourself, the driver of your DMX interface.

I'm not really into 64 bit platforms, but as far as my knowledge goes, you should be able to run FreeStyler as well as your DMX interface normally. Vista recognizes the 32 bit architecture in an application or driver and then starts it in 32 bit mode. It should be backwars compatible as they say.
Thats what I hear all the time here at work, but don't pin me on that. :mrgreen:
Still you would need an driver that is Vista compatible, I'd say.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Post by Tom »

32 bit drivers do not work with 64 bit platforms - I speak from experience. Programs will.

Not all laptops come with 64 bit OS - this is absolute tosh - all laptops now come with 64 bit capable hardware but that's not the same.

Failing that buy a copy of XP Pro for about 60 quid and put that on there instead.

Tom
cantyco
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 2.96h

Post by cantyco »

Hi I'm running freestyler on vista 64bit with both the entec open and the entec pro...

I can't remember if i had to do anything special when i originaly installed it but it does work...
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Post by Tom »

Vista should have the drivers already on it - XP does - as it's just a 'USB to Serial Converter' effectively.
stevo_96
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by stevo_96 »

get a mac (there awesome) and create a VM with parallels desktop (also awesome) you can manipulate the virtual cpu infrastructure (32,64bit) and do prity much anything with them. the mac itself will be 64 bit.
the dmx interface will run with both mac and VM simultaneously
using parallels, you can set the system resources to optimise windows or mac performance, or run windows software on the mac through an emulator mode.
i don't know, but you may be able to get sunlite for mac as well

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”