These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

PAN / Tilt channel settings

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Kwayzar1
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3

PAN / Tilt channel settings

Post by Kwayzar1 »

New year, New user.

As a newbie having followed all the very good video tutorials I have managed to setup a fixture file for a Lanta RGY laser but I cannot get the Pan or Tilt to function correctly.

The Pan & Tilt channels require a setting between 0 - 160 for manual and settings above 160 have preset movements. The fixture file only allows the setting of the channel and not a maximum so Freestyler sees the mid point as 127 not 80 so when running the Pan & Tilt do not function correctly.

Example channel 5 Pan:
  • 0-160 Manual
    161-190 Autoleft/right loop
    191-220 Auto right/left loop
    220-255 Auto right/left & left/right loop
Can anyone assist with a way to set these two channels so that they have a maximum of 160 and not 255?

All assistance greatly appreciated.

madgadget
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: PAN / Tilt channel settings

Post by madgadget »

I have the same problem with several fixtures. New to this software not found a solution yet....
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Try using Macros to solve your problem. Use Fixture Creator to make different macros (last tab on the right) with each macro having different channel settings. Once you set up your own customized macros, you can make the light do what you want with the push of one button.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

In fact, I think that hardly any good brand hardware controller supports this.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

I just bought two eurolite LED bars, and when the dimmer channel reached 250, the shutter/strobe channel is reacting as a program chooser for 16 preprogrammed chasers. and the the regb channels for the first segment is now working as speed, strobe and colorsort :evil:

i think it is annoing especially if you want to control the lamp live without sequences,, for example if the led bar light green and you want to use a preprogrammed chaser,, the green channel wil now act as strobe channel casuing the led bar to flash very evry fast :cry:
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “FreeStyler Software”