These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

My Latest Show

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

My Latest Show

Post by Tom »

Hi guys, this was from just under a month ago when I did my latest show at school.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oDa8kveE9 ... re=related

Basically we have 6 'colleges' or houses, and these all team up to make 3 larger teams in which the upper sixth from each of those three teams writes a musical and puts it on. Then the best out of the 3 wins. This is a dance in which all the upper sixth feature - they choreographed it themselves. I'm doing the lighting although the video doesn't compliment it. The lights are actually flashing in time with the music throughout but you can't tell it! Also there is constant lighting on stage in the form of fresnels (500w each) so they could be seen all the time.

This wasn't the best night as I was making it all up as I went along. On the next day I had 10 submasters which I pulled up and down with the cases all recorded on but this performance was me making it up as I went along with my mate moving the moving lights! They are the two spots at the beginning - I am running the macros I created so they come down on full beam, open shutter, pan and tilt 50% whilst chasing with my other hand, and changing the colour wheel to cycle.

The rig:
24 Generic Dimmers:
8 PAR 64's, 8 fresnels, 2 PAR 56 floor cans, 6 PATT 60, 2 500w floods doing aisle light and 2 floods doing house lights which you can't see in the video (A few bits were paired which is how it all fitted)
Intelligent
2 High End Systems Trackspots
6 LED PAR 64's
2 Showtec Sunstrips

In total this came to around 100DMX channels - that's a lot!

It was controlled from this desk - http://www.npacvw.org/files/Express_48_96.jpg An ETC Express 48/96 which I only had about 5 channels left on (it has 96 in total)

Which is definitely not very easy when it comes to moving lights! I really wanted an Avolies Pearl http://www.avolites.org.uk/avonews/pres ... pert-l.jpg but as the whole rig was on a freebie and I couldn't get a Pearl as a freebie in time, I had to make do!

Anyway - Photos of the actual shows by the colleges will come up shortly!

Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Re: My Latest Show

Post by Tom »

Actually I lie! I did have 3 submasters recorded for this one!

Sunstrip left
Sunstrip right
Sunstrip chase

The sunstrip actives are the ones across the front.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: My Latest Show

Post by djSupport »

unrelated to your light but : did the 3 dancers at the start fuck up or something?? lmao Im sure they shouldn't have been that close toegther the two on the right! lol
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “Show us your shows...”