These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

more channels

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
roeleke
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

more channels

Post by roeleke »

Hey,
I have a problem with writin my syx file.
I had made this with more pages ( pages from BCF controller ). But now I have use 2 channels ( channel 1 from cc 1-127) and (channel 2 from cc1 -50)
but now te problem is that if I Put them in the midi programmer from freestyler I kan chose between channel 1 and 2 but in the column of channel stand n.a. with as problem when I put in ( for example) channel 1 cc20 and channel 2 cc20 one of the two is deleted. Does anybody know how I can solve the problem

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: more channels

Post by dmxlighting »

What you need to do is use the pages in the fs midi setup. There are 5 pages plus shift. (dont worry about using shift).

This allows you to set up in such a way that using your midi controller you can swap pages and have fs react differently.

I have said this before and I still have not had time to finish it, but I am writing a tutorial on using midi controllers with FS which will explain in detail how this works but its not rocket science!
midi1.jpg
Note the page buttons on the left of the image. Now with the midi controller connected and in save mode select a page (perhaps page 2) and then you can use the same fader, button, encoder to operate several features in FS. You will need to setup some of the buttons of your controller to allow you to change page.

Good luck!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
roeleke
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by roeleke »

How can I see on which page I am working. if I use the buttons of freestyler
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

roeleke wrote:How can I see on which page I am working. if I use the buttons of freestyler
You need to assign some buttons from your bcf to change the pages. If you are set up correctly then the led on the button will stay lit to indicate what page you are on.

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Lee,

From your pic in the previous post, I see your using the "MIDI to DMX" functions and have different channels assigned. Can you give a brief explanation what your using that for and possibly some examples of different applications? I haven't touched on those, but you have me curious how you use them.

Thanks,

Shannon
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Shannon

I use them to operate my chauvet color strips - just in case I wanna mess about with them a bit.

My hazer and my strobe are also accessable this way too. Just allows me to add 'on the fly' funtions if I need them.

I keep them on the forth page of my BCF2000 (on faders). I dont acually use the FS midi pages that this thread is discussing.
My BCF is setup so that I can change page on the device and only the fader channels change and all the buttons and encoders remain the same.

All the functions are on FS midi page 1.

Anyone else confused by this now cause I am! :lol: :lol:

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Anyone else confused by this now cause I am!
Yes

Not to hijack this thread and so that others can find this subject, I started this thread:

http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=6&t=2054
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Shannon D wrote:
Anyone else confused by this now cause I am!
Yes

Not to hijack this thread and so that others can find this subject, I started this thread:

http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=6&t=2054

Sorry Shannon!

Did not mean to confuse you. 8-)

Return to “BCF2000”