These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Gig pics 1-30-10

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Gig pics 1-30-10

Post by Shannon D »

Here are a few pics from a wedding I did 1-30-10. I had 1 hour and 20 minutes to setup. :evil: The owner of the venue says to me, "all the other DJ's that come here don't need but an hour to set up. Do you need a table to put your stuff on". This drives me crazy!!!!!! I wanted to tell him, "NO, I don't need a damn table, I need more time." I had no room for error or mishaps. I wish they would outlaw DJ's that show up with a freakin laptop, one flashy light and two speakers. So I downsized from the original plan and had no time to set any LED up lighting. My kit was not as clean as I like it either. Anyway, the job went flawless and the owner thought we were AWESOME! So next job there, he promised to let me in earlier :) BTW, I never need a table. I use one of my light "coffins" to set all my consoles on.

OK, so I walked away from the console twice to take pics. Once before we got rollin and once later on in the gig. Sorry for the shabby photography skills/camera settings, but I figured it's worth sharing with all of you.
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shannon D on January 31st, 2010, 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Gig pics 1-30-10

Post by dmxlighting »

Nice pics Shannon

I will get round to posting a few more of mine soon!

Maybe one of the mods could make change the area preferences so the pics just display on the page rather than having to download each one!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Thanks Lee.

Here's a few more pics. Some bad photography seems to add some effect to some of these pics :mrgreen: No fog or haze was allowed, so you can't see the beams from the 4 MH's.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shannon D on January 31st, 2010, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Maybe one of the mods could make change the area preferences so the pics just display on the page rather than having to download each one!
Yeah, I uploaded each pic, clicked on IMG and "placed in line". This worked in a previous thread, but couldn't get it to work this time. Not sure what's the deal.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:
Yeah, I uploaded each pic, clicked on IMG and "placed in line". This worked in a previous thread, but couldn't get it to work this time. Not sure what's the deal.
Inline pictures do not work for me either, I have to upload them to my server and then use an img link to them.

On some posts where I have done a reply/quote to someone where they have used an inline image and it has not displayed for them, it displays in the reply/quote, very strange.
andre.jpg
That picture is a test and yes it does work inline, what you need to do is in the Options - below - tick the "Do not automatically parse URLs", I think this either has to be done by the original poster as I edited the above posts and changed it but they still did not display, maybe it actually needs something in the post to change first.
I am sure using this option will cause problems with links that people post but if you wrap a link in

Code: Select all

[url][/url]
it will work.
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

@ Andre - Nice photo - I was about to eat but suddenly im not hungry. :lol: :mrgreen:

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:@ Andre - Nice photo - I was about to eat but suddenly im not hungry. :lol: :mrgreen:
:? :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

OK, figured it out. I had to open the pic and copy the url. Then in the body of the post, click IMG, and paste the url of the pic inside the IMG brackets.

@ Andre - Nice photo - I was about to eat but suddenly im not hungry.

Lee made a funny :mrgreen: :D :P
Onge

Post by Onge »

Some good stuff going on there Shannon, nice one :)
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:OK, figured it out. I had to open the pic and copy the url. Then in the body of the post, click IMG, and paste the url of the pic inside the IMG brackets.

@ Andre - Nice photo - I was about to eat but suddenly im not hungry.

Lee made a funny :mrgreen: :D :P
Should not have to do it that way, but at least it works, just do not delete the attachments.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Thanks Andre.

I few times last night when people would come up to say hello or make request, they were stunded once they saw what it looked like behind my command center :mrgreen: 3 PC's running and a plent buttons and knobs to play with. I think a bunch of folks think DJ's just hit the play button in Media Player. They have no idea the time invested into learning how to use the equipment, programming and maintaining an up to date music/video library. Let's not forget loading the trailer at home, unloading at the gig, reload at the gig and then unload back at home again. Oh, and the thousands of $$$$ we spent on gear. I think I'm going up on my prices :mrgreen:
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:Thanks Andre.

I few times last night when people would come up to say hello or make request, they were stunded once they saw what it looked like behind my command center :mrgreen: 3 PC's running and a plent buttons and knobs to play with. I think a bunch of folks think DJ's just hit the play button in Media Player. They have no idea the time invested into learning how to use the equipment, programming and maintaining an up to date music/video library. Let's not forget loading the trailer at home, unloading at the gig, reload at the gig and then unload back at home again. Oh, and the thousands of $$$$ we spent on gear. I think I'm going up on my prices :mrgreen:
I know exactly where you are coming from and relistically you can never get back the investment and time you put in, unless you are super lucky to do it every day of the week and charge a small fortune.

The thing about set-up times, yeah that always gets us in the band, there is one gig we do (used to) and it's only a pub but it's pretty local to us and we use it as a sort of live rehearsal, they know it takes us at least 3 hours to get everything set-up, so we need to be in there by 6 in the evening to be ready for a 9 start. The last time we was going to play there, we rung up about how the snow was and he said not too bad, could we not set-up until 8pm as he had sports on the projector screen, which we have to set-up in front of, we said no we need 2 hours minimum relaistically 3 and he turned around and said other bands and DJs don't need that much time. Well we just laughed at that and said, well your other bands you have only have their own backline, no PA or lighting rig to set up and the same goes for the DJs we have seen here, just some revoling police lights and what looked like a home cd player. So we told them to cancel us from their venue, we don't care as it was poorly paid, but always got a good turn out which the punters did not have to pay for. Oh and another thing when we was tryiong to do a sound check we asked if the Juke box could be turned oof or down and we got the reply, "no, we can't afford to lose any money that the punters will put into that before you start playing".
Some people just do not live in the real world at all.
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Wow, won't even turn off the jukebox. I've heard it all now. I was approached to book our band for New Years Eve night. They wanted to pay $400 for a six piece band on New Years Eve night :roll: :?: We told them that they would be lucky to find a DJ that will do it for that. Freakin crazy a$$ people in this world. I do the band and DJing to have fun, but its not for free!
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:Wow, won't even turn off the jukebox. I've heard it all now. I was approached to book our band for New Years Eve night. They wanted to pay $400 for a six piece band on New Years Eve night :roll: :?: We told them that they would be lucky to find a DJ that will do it for that. Freakin crazy a$$ people in this world. I do the band and DJing to have fun, but its not for free!
That is the same as our band, as long as we are not out of pocket, travelling expenses, sustance etc. then we would consider do it. Our band is a 6 piece if you include myself as the Light Jock, which the band does so I always get a cut, and as I have the transport for all the gear I always get expenses for that on top. The only exception is when it quite local and everyones make their own way to the venue.

If I was doing it to make money I would have been backrupt many years ago, just poor at the moment :lol:
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

@ Andre - What pub ? was is by chance a local Gillingham pub ? Would not suprise me if it were!

@ Shannon - $400 for a band to play for 6 hours? If im DJing (not often these days) its gonna cost upwards of £400 for a normal night. Luckily I have a good agent.

As you both said its a hard life lugging gear about. Its expensive to buy and needs alot of looking after and to top it all 90% of the punters have have absolutly no idea what goes into what you do. In fact when your nights work is over and your thinking - home time! Some utter tosser gives you greif about stopping and insists that you carry on for free, like they would work extra for free in their day job at the office. Or other other thing that pisses me off is some tosser telling you how THEY would do it - F**k off and do it your self then!

But you know what ? We love it and thats why we do it.

Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:@ Andre - What pub ? was is by chance a local Gillingham pub ? Would not suprise me if it were!

Nope it was a pub in Folkestone.
We (the band) now think they wanted another Floyd tribute in there instead of us, as they are cheaper, only because they cut their price below ours and do not have half the setup we have and honestly are crap, not a biased opinion, truthfully.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

dmxlighting wrote:@ Andre - Nice photo - I was about to eat but suddenly im not hungry. :lol: :mrgreen:
Well I was about going to sleep... Can forget that now. Thanks Onge. ;)

@Shannon;
Dude! They are hands down sitting on the floor for you. What drug did you gave them? :D
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

No drugs handed out by me. I was just doing what they paid me to do. Provide good music with an atmosphere to go with it :D

They did provide free beer and food for us tho :o :D :mrgreen: ;)
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Shannon D wrote:They did provide free beer and food for us tho :o :D :mrgreen: ;)
mmmmmmmmm. Beeeeeeeerrrr and fooooooood, for freeeee!!!!!!! [said with a Homer accent]
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Free beer and food ? where ? where is it ? I love beer and food and FREE is my favorite kind!

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
Shannon D wrote:They did provide free beer and food for us tho :o :D :mrgreen: ;)
mmmmmmmmm. Beeeeeeeerrrr and fooooooood, for freeeee!!!!!!! [said with a Homer accent]
After I fainted last night, I'm back online again. I skipped Onge's picture this time, if you don't mind. :mrgreen:

I run a gig tomorrow here in NL, whole day free everything [for me]. Skip the beer for me, but the rest is okay.
Entrance is free, so if you guys want to come over... :)
I'm a bit busy though, running the controls for an radio station on-air signal, P.A. and some lighting (6x Movitec WL-250, 2x Movitec SL-250) - controlled with FreeStyler and my new korg nanoKontrol.
In between some artists come up and sing their song (Carnival - just like last year) and a few games is being played with around 400 people.

Live radio broadcast starts tomorrow (Sunday) 12:00 (GMT+1).
Stream link can be found on http://www.radiostadmontfoort.nl
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Shannon D
FS is my life

Post by Shannon D »

Skip the beer for me,
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Entrance is free, so if you guys want to come over...
I would love to, but I'm stuck here until Wednesday :(

In the Gulf of Mexico, 160 miles off the coast of Louisiana, USA
TH Aerial.jpg
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Onge wrote:
dmxlighting wrote:@ Andre - What pub ? was is by chance a local Gillingham pub ? Would not suprise me if it were!

We (the band) now think they wanted another Floyd tribute in there instead of us, as they are cheaper, only because they cut their price below ours and do not have half the setup we have and honestly are crap, not a biased opinion, truthfully.
Onge - Frenchman by any chance? and the band have the same name as a comperlation album by the Floyd ?

Onge

Post by Onge »

dmxlighting wrote:
Onge wrote:

Onge - Frenchman by any chance? and the band have the same name as a comperlation album by the Floyd ?
yep and yep.

Return to “Show us your shows...”