These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fader preset change no CC sent

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
richard csl
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
Twitter: twitter.com/

Fader preset change no CC sent

Post by richard csl »

Ok just got my BCF2000, been playing around with it , really like it, however when I store a set of fader positions for control of pan and tilt, and then stor a fresh set on another preset.

yes the sliders move but the new set of positions is not transmitted until a fader is moved or you have to press preset back and edit buttons for snapshot send information for the new preset via misi to the software.

What am I missing.? help!!

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Fader preset change no CC sent

Post by dmxlighting »

OK are you trying to save the fader setting on the BCF ?

If so then its not going to work.
FS needs to do all the work and the BCF is just an external control device and not for playback of recorded info to FS. It cant store info in this way.
Make your chases etc in FS as normal, you can assign control of color wheel, gobo etc. to bcf faders but in that respect its the same as just doing it on screen.

I use my BCF for playback via submasters only. I do have a page of faders set up to be able to manually grab a fixture if I need to but I don't program this way as I find it much quicker to use just my laptop with no extrernal control device.

The options are there to more or less operate FS from just the BCF if you want to. I dont but thats my choice.

I going to make a tutorial on the BCF use with FS when I get some time. I think others have started some work on the Wiki that may be of help till I get mine done.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “BCF2000”