These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler with Afterglow interface

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Freestyler with Afterglow interface

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Curb
Hi,
I'm a newbie to all this, but after downloading your software and playing with it for a few days i'm now converted.
I've recently bought an Afterglow Aurora 2 USB interface to control my 2 x Roboscan 812's. My problem is that as soon as I select Afterglow in the devices set-up window the software shuts down. The blurb on the Afterglow website says it is compatable, but it seems not.
The software supplied with the device is no where near as good as freestyle, so hopefully I can continue with it.
Thanks

Nextec
Hi all

I am the designer of the Afterglow range of DMX interfaces and write all of the drivers.
This problem is known to both Raph and myself and we are working on a solution, there is some strange incompatibility between my standard driver and Freestyler.
We believe we have got the solution and I will be sending an updated driver to Raph shortly.

Thank you
Richard Clayton
Next Generation Technologies

Curb
Thanks to all for the quick replies,
I've now worked out that I can use the aurora interface with freestyler by setting it to enttec open DMX, I was struggling when I first set it because i had created some chases with the program set to enttec pro.
I've also realised now that with the roboscans you have to program lamp on first - DOH !!
So now I can start creating my chases and I'll have to buy some more lights to get the most out of the software.

One specific question I've got and that is;
Is it possible to 'loop all sequences' with the sound to light on?
If not then I'm gonna have to tap the beat in every time I change songs-(or I could start beat matching a bit better)lol
Once again thanx for the help and thanx to nextec for the quick response

Return to “DMX Interfaces”