These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

any suggestions for a flightcase?

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

any suggestions for a flightcase?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey

I am planing to make a flightcase for my laptop with freestyler, enttec USB DMX pro and the bcf2000, perhaps an extra monitor.

it should be designed so i only have to remove the top, and connect DMX and power plug before the "DMX console" is ready for use.

I would like to hear if any have some suggestions of things that should be added, or any have some picture of their own flight cases for dmx-control? :)

/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
LJ_krede.dk

Re: any suggestions for a flightcase?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

thank you Onge for the great suggestions.

I was hoping some of you had some pictures of your own flightcases??? it will be really appreciated
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
LJ_krede.dk

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

one year later me and my colleague finally is getting some stuff done.. In stead of building a flight case ourself we have ordered this case fro Thomann.

http://www.thomann.de/dk/skb_19rsf4u.htm
http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... 2&o=&s=78#

it is a bit expensive but it will fit our needs. we dont have the time to build something ourself. we bought a rack shelf as well an planning to mount our BCF on it with velcro.

the Enttec Pro inerface will be place next to the laptop so we can see the green LED flashing... I will post some pictures when we get the stuff and have put it together.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Wow, a year has gone by. Time flys these days. I'm a lil late on this, but I'll share what I have. These pics are probably over a year old and I have added more to the racks. I built all my own cases with the exception of 2 Marathon cases. In the pics below, you see my big light coffin which will carry (2) Vue2's, (2) Vue3's, HZ1000 hazer, (6) LED pars, (2) 750W strobes, midi controllers, mirror ball motor and a few other smaller items I can cram in there. This serves as the foundation of my console/command center. I never need a table, plus it rolls for easy re-positioning. My wife usually sets up the command center 20-30 feet away from me while I set up the lights and trussing. When I'm done, the command center just rolls in place. Connect a few more wires for power, audio outs and DMX out and we are ready to roll.

I made me a custom case for my DELL XPS-410 desktop (I needed more horsepower for video). The 17" monitor tucks away when its folded down and sits right on top of the pc. The wings on each side add more space for the midi controller.

Before you ask...... nope, I don't use the Chauvet DMX controller any more.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shannon D on February 6th, 2010, 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Shannon D »

Here are some other cases I made:

This one holds 7 colorstrips

This one holds a Qspot MH

This is a dolly made to carry my Yorkville top and bottom cabs. The slip covers where made from Cordura that I bought off of ebay. I took some old bed spreads/comforters and the Cordura to an upolstery shop and had them sew it up. The bed spreads/comforters act as a lil layer of cusion. This dolly I think is my favorite. One haul for all 4 speakers from the trailer to setup and back. :mrgreen:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”