These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Let It Snow!

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Let It Snow!

Post by dmxlighting »

The county of Kent has come to a total stand still today because of snow. No work today cant get off my driveway!

The UK is rubbish and cant cope with any kind of weather. Moan when its too hot and complain that its too cold. Rubbish.

Anyone up for a snowball fight or a snowman building competiton?
Last edited by dmxlighting on December 18th, 2009, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Let It Snow!

Post by remco_k »

Just a "few" miles away (NL), it did snow here, about 10 cm. Traffic did suffer some delay but kept on going somewhat.
Trains, however, failed bigtime. There were people waiting for trains about 03:00 (that is AM) to go home from work last night...

I've heard that sunday more snow is coming up here.
Luckily I can do my work at home also but try to go to work as much as possible.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

remco_k wrote:Just a "few" miles away (NL), it did snow here, about 10 cm. Traffic did suffer some delay but kept on going somewhat.
Trains, however, failed bigtime. There were people waiting for trains about 03:00 (that is AM) to go home from work last night...

I've heard that sunday more snow is coming up here.
Luckily I can do my work at home also but try to go to work as much as possible.
And now it is sunday. Snow is coming down bigtime, also snowdrifts. I must say; it all looks really pretty and from were I'm standing now, I'm not affected by it. Its just a lot of fun.
At the moment my backyard has about 30 cm of snow in it, some corners are >50 cm. And a lot more snow is coming.

This country (NL) is almost completely 'down' right now. Almost no traffic, no trains, no busses.
A weather alert is issued by the KNMI (a dutch weather institute). They only do that when the weather can cause danger.
I'm waiting for the moment that the power goes down... I mean: this country is'nt made for so much snow, having all the people in their home using up energy while transformers are really snowed in, can go overheat (while its pretty cold outside). I would not be surprised if I'm powerless in a few hours.
Curious how traffic goes tomorrow when we all need to go to work. I think I'm going to work at home.

Here's how my snowy country looks like: http://www.nufoto.nl/onderwerpen/winterweer/
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Sound like you got it bad there Remco!

Its not really snowed in my area now since the first big down fall thursday night / friday morning but many of the local roads are very slippy.
The main roads (motorways and main routes) are all ok now. They say we may get some more tonight but they said that last night too and it didn't come.
I think it will be bad in the morning when its still really slippy and the stupid pricks who can't drive in the dry will be out there racing to work.
Im up at 5.30am in the morning so I'll be one of the first pricks out there!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

RUBBISH !!

No work again today! Im self employed so no work = no pay.

Shite wether. I hate snow

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Day 2 - Still not able to get out to work. Supposed to have 3 calls in London today and 2 in Kent!

Lighting quote Henrys Bar Covent Garden
Low Fog install at Fabric Nightclub Smithfields
Speaker repairs at Yates Romford
2 calls to Bowling centers (Ashford and Gravesend)

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Onge wrote:I am sorry to hear that matey, I am still off sick, 5 days so far, and no sick pay :(
Get well soon Andre

Return to “Off-Zone”