These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

pan / tilt during button

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
moony_tinka
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

pan / tilt during button

Post by moony_tinka »

Hello,

I'm new at using freestyler (and i think it is a good program to use).

But i'm getting a problem so i'm probably doing something wrong.

I have a few scanners (aztek dj scann mkII) and they are working fine. In freestyler you have the option to move your pan / tilt in a predifined figure (for example the circle or the flower). That is working fine! But in the buttons i put a few sequences to put the light on / strobe low / mid / high. When i select a button to for example put the light on the predifined figure stops and i have to turn it back on manualy.

Is there a way after selecting a button (and / or a sequence) that the pan / tilt keep on working without having to put it back on manualy??

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: pan / tilt during button

Post by djSupport »

try when setting up sequences for your buttons making sure that the strobe etc is the only thing that has fade or snap and set all the others to say OFF if they say snap or fade the will cancel everything running as the buttons get Priority over everything likewise if its off it doesnt meant it turns the pan/tilt etc etc off it just leaves it unchanged (i.e. running a shape in the background in the c ue list and using the strobe on the buttons set up as above will mean the shape wil carry on but the strobe will be active when you press a button)
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Logical
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 11111

Post by Logical »

i have sort of the same problem
i'm trying to make some cue's and add shortcut-buttons for it
i have an showtec titanstrobe 3000, 10 showtec-clubspot 250's & 16 jb-winner scans.
when i make a cue-scene for my strobe and ad it to a button
it stops all movement from my scans and moving heads,
i followed your advise by turning off the fade and snap on the scans and moving heads when i
create the scene but it doesn't resolve the problem.

does anybody have any suggestions?
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

only turn off all the features but the one you want to have working and the buttons only run static scenes i.e. just the 1st sequence

there are no bug reports coming in with that problem...
Crrispy
Bug Zapper...
FreeStyler Version: 4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Crrispy »

I just made the fixture file for my strob, and made scenes for it/assigned buttons probably like the people who opened this thread, and I have the exact same problem.

Set the scene to static mode.
Set the other fixtures channels to "off"
Re-saved the scene.
Re-assigned the scene to the button.

Clicking on the button starts the strob but also still stops every other movement. Can't see what's wrong.
FS Notebook for parties: i5 vpro, 4GB, SSD, Intel gfx, Win 10
djSupport

Post by djSupport »

file a bug report or pm add me to wlm and if you want i'll do a remote assistance so i can see your machine and check your all right if its fine then i'll open up a bug report
Crrispy
Bug Zapper...
FreeStyler Version: 4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Crrispy »

To "logical" and "moony_tinka":

Assign your scan/moving heads sequences to a cue (or several ones, juste enable "cue multiselect always enabled" in the FS options if you have separate programs for the different fixtures for example).
Assign the strobe "scene" to an override button, scene in transparent mode (maybe works also in static mode but since you are adressing only the strobe I think it does not change much), and of course all channels of the other fixtures than the strobe to "off" in this scene.

Works fine here. Everything still stopping if in scene/sequence edit mode and pushing the strobe button, but not if the sequence is running in the cue mode.

I hope it is clear, if not ask again.
FS Notebook for parties: i5 vpro, 4GB, SSD, Intel gfx, Win 10

Return to “FreeStyler Software”