These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Home-made USB -> RS232 interface

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Home-made USB -> RS232 interface

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
HyperBaton
Hello,

Some friends and I did a school project where we made a DMX-receiver using an AVR ATmega168 microcontroller that controlled 4 PWMs, used to dim TL-lights.

We sent the DMX-signals to this receiver using a real DMX-controller of which the signal was then transformed to 5V logics using a RS485 transceiver.

I now want to use Freestyler DMX to send DMX-signals to this microcontroller. I have a USB to RS232 interface of which the drivers have been installed, so this USB interface is a valid COM-port. Basically, I need to send the DMX-signal using this COM-port. How can I accomplish this?

Oh, if anyone wants source code for this DMX-receiver, I'm happy to give it to you.

HyperBaton
Anyone? I just want to know if I can select one of those interfaces in the menu so that Freestyler sends DMX with a 250kHz baudrate to the appointed COM port...

HyperBaton
Well it works when I select the Enttec Open DMX...

Jack
Perhaps you can take some pics of your controller? Would be interesting!

HyperBaton
Sure, might take a couple of days though.

dcuartielles
is it possible to get the code and schematic for this one?

/d

HyperBaton
For the receiver or for the transmitter?

Return to “DMX Interfaces”