These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Jam with the Band 9.1.2007

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
dboykin
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/drb238

Jam with the Band 9.1.2007

Post by dboykin »

Here is one of my events, Jam with the Band at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in Coronado, CA
The rig includes:
8 Martin Mac 600s
20 Choma-Q LED Color Blocks
2 Chauvet Intimidator 1.0
6 Souce Four 760 Lekos
6 Source Four Par 64s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matt
Admin
FreeStyler Version: NULL
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/hankosky

Re: Jam with the Band 9.1.2007

Post by matt »

what kind of dimmer packs did you use?
Matt Hankosky
twitter.com/hankosky
flickr.com/photos/mattxhank
dboykin
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/drb238

Re: Jam with the Band 9.1.2007

Post by dboykin »

matt wrote:what kind of dimmer packs did you use?
1 Leprecon LD-360 Series 6 channel dimmer for the 6 source four par 64's and one source four 760 leko behind the stage with an apollo gobo rotator (forgot to add that to the original list)
1 Elation Professional DP-DMX20L 4 channel dimmer for the six source four 760 lekos in front of the stage.

Also ran Freestyler off of an HP laptop with 2 external screens one with a USB 2.0 to VGA adapter for most of the controls, main screen was to select fixtures and cues (used in conjuction with keypad) and third screen was used for 3d easy view (just to show off :D )

For more pictures check http://picasaweb.google.com/landoffound ... ithTheBand

Also the San Diego Reader Wrote:

"Teens Rock for Needy "It pays to have your mom as a GM," says Shey Euphoria guitarist Ian Cochran, 17. His mother Kathleen is general manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort and Spa, the site of three recent "Jam with the Band" shows for teens.

"We treated [Jam with the Band] as a nightclub," says Kathleen Cochran. An outside bar served virgin cocktails, and pizza was donated by California Pizza Kitchen. Proceeds from admission ($10 for kids, $20 for adults) went to Modest Needs, a charity that helps needy people with emergency expenses.

The shows drew between 100 and 200 people, and three bands of teenagers played each time. Besides the top-notch sound and light systems in the resort's Commodore Ballroom, bands' images were projected onto two six-by-eight-foot video screens.

"We were lucky to play all three [shows]," says Cameron Wilson, 17, the singer/bassist with Numskull. Wilson and his bandmates go to Grossmont High School with the members of Shey Euphoria, which played all three gigs as well.

Loews Coronado is planning a fourth Jam with the Band event around Christmas. Spokeswoman Anne Stephany says Loews will bring back the event at least three times next summer.

Regarding the fact that four other teen bands wanted to play but were not invited, she says, "I think we'll be more open for other bands next year. We'll have a more formalized process for band selection." "

Thanks Freestyler (p.s. donation on the way!!!)
:fs:
Top Three Answers I Give at a show:
3. No, I don't know where the next show is (I'm not even sure where I am right now)
2. No, I don't know where your seat is
1. No, I don't know exactly how many watts we're using

Return to “Show us your shows...”