These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Light randomly flicker on & off

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
tonythay
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/tonythay

Light randomly flicker on & off

Post by tonythay »

We had recently installed a lighting system consisting of 14 LED par cans and 3 LED wash and are controlled using a laptop with freestyler software & Velleman USB-DMX interface.

We are having 1 major problem right now. It seems that only 1 particular laptop is able to control the light. When we use other laptops, the lights would start to randomly flikcer on and off. We had tried using different laptops, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, on and off the power supply to the lights, plug in & out the usb cable to the DMX controller but still doesnt work. Ony that 1 particular laptop is able to control the lights properly.

Please do help & advise.

eventstudionam
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Light randomly flicker on & off

Post by eventstudionam »

Hi, are you sure you have propper DMX cable (110Ohms) and use a 120ohm terminator when using more than 5 fixtures.
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Re: Light randomly flicker on & off

Post by Tom »

Make sure it's proper DMX cable.
Try a terminator in the line.
If they're cheap LED cans they're going to flicker a bit - because they're cheap! I had an Avo Pearl desk and still had a little flicker.

What is the difference between the laptops?

What are the specs of both laptops?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”