These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Music Video (That I Lit)

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Music Video (That I Lit)

Post by Tom »

Hi guys - it's been a while!

Couple of weekends ago I lit a music video. The idea of the video was that it was supposed to be like a bootleg/illegal gig in a dark and dingy venue - and so it was shot in the basement of a pharmacy. EVERYTHING had to be put in fromt scratch. There were no points of rigging or anything. The only thing I had was a 60A single phase incoming supply - and even then we had to tap into it so that I could actually use it - it is the kind you would find on the side of your house so we had to tap in with a 63A SPNE plug with bare wires on the other end so I could easily use the supply.

In front of the band for front facial light we ended up drilling into the ceiling. We drilled 8 holes and put in some fisher fixings - like huge metal raw plugs. We then bolted some unistrut into these so there were 4 short bits of unistrut in the ceiling. We then attached some half couplers to the unistrut and rigged 2 x 5' scaff bars in these half couplers - so if looking from directly below it looked like a capital I with the scaff bar making the long section and the unistrut making the shorter top and bottom bits. Hope that makes sense! Behind the band I put 2 x wind up stands, one at each end, and suspended a scaff bar between them - this was 6' and 7' aluminium bars joined together with an outside sleeve coupler to make one long bar. I then rigged generic lights on the inside of these stands and then on the outside of each stand 1 mover. In total the rig was the following:

Lights
10 x PAR 56's behind the band doing some coloured backlighting
4 x Robe Colorspot 170 AT's (2 at the back and 2 at the front)
6 x CCT Minuette fresnels doing some front facial lighting
1 x Domestic Flood on the 13' bar lighting the faces of the crowd from the very back
2 x Strand Coda 500's on the floor uplighting the back wall
4 x Stairville PAR 64 LED's behind the band to shine in the audiences face - used for pretty colours and strobing
4 x Showtec PAR 64 LED's in the bar area to light it
4 x Stairville PAR 36's to uplight around the kit
3 x Source Four PAR's to light the crowd
3 x PAR 56's behind the amps giving a nice blue glow coming from behind them

Haze
1 x Neutron STAR Hazer

Dimming & Power
1 x 12 Channel dimmer with 5A per channel (a custom job; belongs to a friend)
2 x Mini II dimmers by strand - very old but they're mine now :D (I have 3 fully working ones and 1 which has 5 channels broken giving me 19 channels of dimming at home)
1 60A SPNE - 2 x 32A SPNE and 4 x 16A SPNE power distro
1 x Zero 88 Demux

Cables
Yeah right ;) I do have a complete list is anyone is interested but there was socapex, loads of DMX cable, 13A, 15A, 16A, 60A

Control
Avolites Pearl Tiger - In total I ran it across 3 separate universes

Came in at a total cost of £399 inc. VAT for the week instead of £1081 inc. VAT. I know how to get a discount ;)

Here is a link to the slideshow I have created with some of the best pics, but there are LOADS more in the photobucket album itself.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u121 ... f09581.pbw

Comments/questions whatever welcome!

Cheers

Tom

Return to “Show us your shows...”