These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Manipulate midi notes??

Questions regarding general external control forum.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Manipulate midi notes??

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey Guys

I had the opportunity to play with the Avolite Pearl 2008 and i really love it and how you control sequences with the faders. I like to control sequences the same way in Freestyler with the BCF2000. maybe not all want to control their lights on the same way I want it so got an idea.

the pearl turns on a specific sequence when you move the assigned fader up, when you turn it down the sequence is off. I was wondering if there is some kind ofsoftware who can "manipulate" midi output to something else thanh the input, so if i turn up a fader (which is assigned to be the intensity for a specific submatser) on my bcf the software will send midi to Freestyler to turn on the assigned submaster and turn the intensity up. The program should look at one midi channel and when the note is equal or above 1 is should send 127 on another midichannel to activate the submaster. do you get the picture? on that way I save a midichannel/button on the BCF2000, and just have to do one thing to turn on a sequence with the desired intensity.

It would be great with such a software because it gives me a lot of opportunities and will make the light controlling at lot easier for me. and raph don't have to do anything in Freestyler :D

EDIT: one more thing: it would be even more great if the software is free 8-)

Thanks

Kristian
Last edited by LJ_krede.dk on July 5th, 2009, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Manipulate midi notes??

Post by dmxlighting »

I like your idea but I think it could get intensly complicated.
Ive started looking into using midi software like Cakewalk to run FS in a similar way to what you describe.
The main problem is getting the correct sequence to play back on a submaster.
Its litraly a case of sending just the right amount of midi signals on the correct channels to control 'back & 'Go' to the right place and then a signal to 'run'.
Then you need to take into account the speeds in which the changes occur.
Then once this is all done there should be a way to assign the whole thing to trigger from one midi channel.

The Pearl does all these things so much better. As does my Leap Frog (which is why I use that and not FS in real world setups)

I think that the development of FS could reach such heights in time but as it is I still think its a great program and shames some paid for s/w out there.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “General Midi Controllers”