These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Looking for SSL file for American DJ Mega Pixel LED

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Pete Green
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Looking for SSL file for American DJ Mega Pixel LED

Post by Pete Green »

I haven't seen any really good simulation of these types of fixtures anywhere. Would anyone have any information or can point out how I could create my own?

Bradnon Lindsey
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Looking for SSL file for American DJ Mega Pixle LED

Post by Bradnon Lindsey »

I know I'm not supposed to ask but I don't have the time to create one myself, I tried and wasn't even close.

Does anyone have the fixture file for the ADJ Mega Pixel?
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

As this can be setup in several different modes, what mode are you trying to reproduce in the vis?

You are never going to make ONE profile that works in all modes.

Consider making several profiles that could be used. This is something you really need to work on a decide what you want to see from the vis.
If someone made one for you it still might not be what you want or understand how to use.
Look again at what onge has posted here. You will get there!
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Bradnon Lindsey
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Bradnon Lindsey »

dmxlighting wrote:As this can be setup in several different modes, what mode are you trying to reproduce in the vis?

You are never going to make ONE profile that works in all modes.

Consider making several profiles that could be used. This is something you really need to work on a decide what you want to see from the vis.
If someone made one for you it still might not be what you want or understand how to use.
Look again at what onge has posted here. You will get there!
I meant the actual fixture file not the visualizer file. It's a popular fixture I figured someone had made one by now.
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

In which case I will apologize. It will be really easy to make an FS fixture profile. Have a look at the Chauvet Colorstrip profile.
Its done using marcros mostly. This is probably the best way to do it.
Have a go and if / when you get stuck, post what you have done and we will help you finish it.
If someone had made one already then chances are it would have been posted already. Maybe it could be you ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

The Chauvet Colorstrip is only a 4 channel fixture, that has chases and colour change, colour fade programs etc. built in selectable by DMX. Also as RGB wash light strip controlled by DMX. It does not allow fully control of all the segments, where as the Mega Pixel has 24 banks and each bank can be a different colour (RGB mixing), and has up to 28 channels. So creating a fixture for this is much more complicated both for FreeStyler and Easy View (ScanLibrary).[/quote]

I know that its not really the same. It was ment as a suggestion on a way it could be controlled. As its a variable channel fixture its probably an idea to make several profiles. As for the 28 channel mode, I'd break that down a bit by pretending that I have several independant RGB fixtures rather that just the one.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”