These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Queen's day parade...

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Queen's day parade...

Post by djSupport »

I know we have some people from the netherlands on here so I'm just asking if anyone was there or saw it on tv?
I'm sorry to hear about the dutch people who died.

Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Queen's day parade...

Post by remco_k »

Hi,

(remco_k was offline for a while, had many other things todo, including buying myself a new laptop, on wich I even did'nt install FreeStyler yet...)

Well, I was working on that morning at our local radio station (not Apeldoorn, but another town), for reporting the local activities. In my case, I was the "audio feed" receiver.
So I was in the studio having contact with our people on the road, receiving their recordings via some transmission system, recording it to our playout system and "give" those to the producer.
Since we are a local radio station in a small town (16000 people), there's not enough information to do reporting the whole day, so we do 2 hours of live radio in the morning, and we auto repeat those 2 hours the rest of the day. Wich proves good results by the way.
Our live transmissions ended at 12:00 (PM), and just when we were cleaning up the "mess" (taking out the transmission equipment from the car), we received about 12:15 that "something bad has happened in Apeldoorn, few people died". At that point it does'nt had that big impact (because of the lack of good info), it seems just another accident to us.
So we closed down the studio like we planned and the re-transmissions of the 2 happy radio hours before that were just going on. I went to town to my family and did some party. After about 1.5 hrs we went home (for my 2 year old son, he needed sleep) and put on the TV.
Thats where the "WTF?!" was for me. I saw the news playing video of the black car and people and loose legs and arms flying around. Horrible.
The next few hours more and more events were shut down in the entire country, and around 16:45 our mayor contacted us to hand over an official message for the people in our town. The message came down to this:
"We stop all outside activities at 18:00, and all inside activities at 21:00" We needed to bring that message to the "world" asap, so around 17:00 we stopped the re-transmissions of the earlier live shows and played that official message, than some nonstop music and that message again, turn by turn until around 19:00.
In this case, we were the only local medium that could respond immediately, to provide info for the local residents. We've also put up the message on our website and our tekst-tv channel.
In fact, I have contact with about 300 other local radio stations here in NL, most of them responded as we did when their mayor contacted them. So as local radio stations with unpaid people working for it, "we" did a pretty good job. That was the good part of the day.
2 people of the local radio station of Apeldoorn were there by the way, saw it with their own eyes...

Furthermore it ended as a black day. Yesterday the guy who did it died. Too bad, because I'd love to get some (fucked up) reason for this and afterwards see him sitting 30 years in prison.
Fortunately no one I know died or was hurt.
Queens day will never be the qeens day it was before, I'm afraid.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Queen's day parade...

Post by djSupport »

jeese... his bloody face is posted all round the net and I was watching some videos on www.liveleak.com horrific butin this day and age its not impossible for someone to do that anyday of the week drive through a crowd at speed for whatever motive... you carnt stop things like that happening its such a shame those people died and lucky for the royals who where so close to it....
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “Off-Zone”