These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Machine is partialy Working

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
STARTOURS G24T
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

DMX Machine is partialy Working

Post by STARTOURS G24T »

Hi There,

I have some problems using freestyler and freestyler Fixture creator

I have the following problems

In Freestyler, I want to add a Space Color Laser from JB System ( got 2 of them ) I select one, assign a port, select to '' react on sound when able'' and then save my project. Then I go to the ''Sound 2 Light'' and select my soundcard, set it up and then the problem starts. When I test the Laser, I can see the stepper motors inside the laser, moving on th beats of sound, but there's no light. I thought it might be the ''Cue'' because I dont have a clue how that works, so I basically just do ''something'' but rather like to skip it totaly. When I view the '' show output '' everything seems to work, accept that there is no light comming out of my machine. but when i look at the Fixture in freestyler there's a colored block that changes color on the beats of the music.

Now I noticed when I opend the Space Color Laser fixture file in the ''Fixture creator'' that the file was corrupt. I get an error that a file is missing and I cant read the settings used for that laser. So I guess that this would be the problem, I try'd reinstalling Freestyler but no difference the problem persists. I guess I would need to replaye the Fixture file but, can't find it anywhere.

I have been thinking about creating a new Fixturefile for the Space Color and 2 other lasers I have, but I have totaly no clue on how to this. I still have to learn so much about Freestyler. I viewd some Youtube movies about Freestyler but that doesent help a bit.

Can anyone help me in creating a new fixture file for the Space Color Laser or explain to me what i might be doing wrong?

Kindes Regards STG24T

Sander1986
Just started using FS

Re: DMX Machine is partialy Working

Post by Sander1986 »

I have the same problem. I'm Going to try to make a new fixture. if it's done i will upload het here.
grtz
Sander1986
Just started using FS

Re: DMX Machine is partialy Working

Post by Sander1986 »

I have tried to adjust the existing fixture from de JB system color laser but it doesn't work.
can somebody help me out?
by the color wheel or gobo wheel. do you need to take the first value or a random between the first and the last value?
I will upload this fixture and the Space Color Laser manual.
I realy hope someone can help me.

greetings
Sander
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”