These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Partial reload of saved location ???

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
zeubest
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Partial reload of saved location ???

Post by zeubest »

Hi,
I've a problem reloading a saved loaction : a lot of fixtures have disappeared and i'm unable to see the fixtures list, it's blank ????
Anyone had this problem ? any clues ?
Can someone try to open my location file ? it would help me to know if the problem is from my local FS install (redone twice to check...but same problem). Example file here : http://zeubest.free.fr/planté.flf
:?
Tks.

G

Masheder
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Partial reload of saved location ???

Post by Masheder »

I have exactly the same problem but it just got worse. Having got only one fixture back out of 80 I now come up with FILE NOT FOUND. I have copied the file name to another instance I have of 3.01 on another PC but it does just the same. I am now a bit desparate I am doing a Cub Scout show and I have now lost all the setup files. This makes the whole thing very unreliable for me and I don't know what to do. Please help.
J Masheder
Glen K
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Partial reload of saved location ???

Post by Glen K »

I had something similar to this happen once.

I had 4 simple 6 channel PAR fixtures saved in a location, but once it loaded up only 2 of the 4. I'm really new to FS so I'm not sure if it was me or what. After that I also tried a few "test" saves/restores and I had one instance where I was not able restore after resetting things back to the "defaults" in the program. It threw up an error code instead. I was trying to simulate a reinstall (nuke) of the program and a "restore" process, but maybe the "reset to defaults" threw it off. Perhaps a real full reinstall/restore may have actually worked? I may try it sometime, though I haven't had any issues over the last week so maybe it's simply me doing less things incorrectly that I wasn't aware of...

However, I have started to make backup copies of ALL my cues, fixtures, etc. to an "backup folder" I made in the root directory (not in the FS directory) just to be careful until I figure out for sure what I'm doing. Already that has come in handy in a few cases where I rewrote over some cues editing them only hoping later I had the earlier version back. I could just copy the file back from my "backup folder".

Return to “FreeStyler Software”