These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler will only identify light on channels 1-4

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
steers b-c
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Freestyler will only identify light on channels 1-4

Post by steers b-c »

Howdy!

I'm new to the Freestyler community and to lighting in general, but I'm slowly making progress. At the moment I seem to have a problem with getting freestyler to send signals to my Irradiant PAR38 LED can if I set it to any channel higher than 4. I've double checked my switches on a number of occasions, so that doesn't appear to be the source of the issue. As long as I use channels 1, 2, or 4, everything works great, but when I set the address to something like 32 and update or at the fixture accordingly, it fails to respond to commands. Any suggestions as to how I might fix this problem? Thanks!

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Freestyler will only identify light on channels 1-4

Post by remco_k »

Are you sure you have set the DMX channel on the fixture properly?
If it is a dipswitch you need to set, make sure you look up in the manual how to set the addresses.
Mostly its just binary counting, but sometimes they have a bit weird adaption to that.
Check that.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Software”