These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

My (new) light rig who hoooo!

Getting good with your lighting shows? Need to show others the power of your FreeStyler programming? Than drop some pictures or videos in this section and Show the world your handy work!
madgadget
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

My (new) light rig who hoooo!

Post by madgadget »

Hi all,

I'm new to DMX as in actually using it (was aware it existed etc) I built a velleman dmx interface about a week ago and then came across freestyler somehow. Over the last couple of weeks I had been ordering a bunch of light kit for a party I was doing yesterday (Saturday). I don't do this as a pro, and have never earnt any money from it but I still think the results were pretty impressive, although again I am not new to entertainment type work as I have done many many firework displays etc...

Anyway have a look at my vid and let me know what you think :)

The video was recorded from my phone so its not great - I forgot to take my decent camera...

http://www.edsworld.co.uk/edslights.wmv

madgadget

Re: My (new) light rig who hoooo!

Post by madgadget »

The light to the far right is a Geni Mojo Spinmaster III, however also right of that is another scanner but for some reason it stopped responding (there are 4 in total 3 you can see) I need to do some tests on it to find out why.. The was another Mojo spinmaster III to the left as well, but it doesn't show up as well for some reason. The one on the right had a new bulb so that may be why + the smoke machine was also on the right so this is another reason.

There were better sequences we were doing that was just all I had time to catch. The laser is a NRG200mw RGY unit. Its pretty cool but I would like an ilda interface to be really flash with it. It was running from the DMX commands. Next time it wont be so rushed - all the sequences were made the morning before the event.
madgadget

Re: My (new) light rig who hoooo!

Post by madgadget »

I have a canon XL1s and XM1 and have no problems with colour on those.. Sometimes if you over expose the footage you will loose colour, that's usually what I have found from other peoples settings. This will definitely be the case if turning up the saturation or making sure you use tungsten light balance does not work.

I'm aware of the photolexicon forum, I am a member there too ;) My NRG laser too has an ILDA interface and using DMX to ilda seems a really good idea - I like that :) what are you using?

I don't plan to build my on laser yet as I always go way OTT and it would cost me an utter fortune...

Return to “Show us your shows...”