These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Connection to unbranded device

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Saintaholic
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1

Connection to unbranded device

Post by Saintaholic »

G'Day guys, very new to this. Just purchased from EBay a unbranded 2W 2000RGB Laser Box.
stand alone working fine with the selectors on the back.
Has ILDA and DMX connections. Purchased a USB - DMX interface.
Have that connected to my Laptop using uDMX drver. The driver is configured correctly viewing in Device Manager with no issues.
Freestyle came with Cable. Ive downloaded Laser OS and QLC+.
None of these programs have allowed me to 'connect' to the device (Fixture)
What have I done wrong? Have I missed something?
From my experience with other projects I've done, it appears the driver within the "fixture" is NOT seen.
I have no info on a brand etc. Is there a generic or Universal fixture that would work/talk etc?
Just trying to introduce myself to this hobby and get some Xmas animation going for this year.
2000rgb box.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Connection to unbranded device

Post by perrip »

My guess would be that it is an issue with your USB to DMX device. The inexpensive ones are not easy to set up. often it is a pc not having the FTDI drivers, you can get them here https://ftdichip.com/. it would be best to confirm you are sending out DMX maybe with simple light that you know is working. Maybe someone else has other ideas as well.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”