These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler 4.1.6 freezing up mid show

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Freestyler 4.1.6 freezing up mid show

Post by perrip »

Hello, I wonder if anyone has any ideas. a couple of times with the latest version of freestyler. I have had the program freeze or lock up in the middle of the show and my lights will not respond to anything. This did not happen to me with my older 3.6.5 (I think that was the version) one. I am using an enttec pro mk2 interface. when this happens the lights on the interface show that it is still receiving dmx signal. I thought about doing the reset interface command in the setup screen, but was not sure if all the lights would go out and they were shows that I could not risk it. Does anyone have any ideas to why I am having this problem. Thanks so much

dmarechal
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.51
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: Freestyler 4.1.6 freezing up mid show

Post by dmarechal »

moi j'utilise la version 3.6.5 qui est stable depuis la version 4.x.x que des problemes . donc en spectacle je vais sur du sure . Je trouve que freestyler n'evolue pas beaucoup. Mais ces mon avis ca reste un tres bon logiciel qui devrais meme payant de quelques euros devenir plus pro
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I would make sure that windows power settings are not able to suspend USB as my first thing.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Hey thanks so much for the reply. I did check power savings settings for USB ports. It is a windows 11 machine so you do have to turn those off. It still happens. the lights on the interface indicate it is getting dmx signal, but the lights do not respond. Do you have any other ideas of things I could check? Does this ever happen to you?
mariokarter
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by mariokarter »

Hi! This also happens for me (with Enttec DMX Pro) during the last show: the device continues to get the signal, PC changes light status, but the lights do nothing. I read that one possibile cause Is that in the First universe I have to select my dmx device (and it Is ok) and to select in the second universe the virtual interface. Yesterday, I made some testa for two hours with two lights and it works. But I cannot Say that Is the solution. have you already set universes in this way?
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

I have not tried that, a could check that out. In this instance I am using my second universe. I imagine it will not work on virtual, but I can try that and see what happens. Any other ideas would be great as well.
Thanks so much!
mariokarter
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by mariokarter »

I have to say that after I wrote to you, I had two events. In both, the USB device continue to freeze sometimes. I need to close the program, unplug and plug again the dmx USB, then to restart the program. So, now, we are two to search for a solution! :-(
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Well I did a show the other night and used a different interface (same type, just a different device) I did not have any freeze ups, but it was only one show, so I am not sure I solved the problem yet.
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1

Post by lj_raph »

Make sure you disable "USB selective suspend" and also disable powersaving on each "USB hub" and USB device in the windows device manager. Also check for factory installed powersaving software from Dell, HP,... that could interfere with USB transmission .
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

thanks so much, I will check those settings. I really appreciate your help!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”