These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override Buttons with Touchscreen

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jtlayne
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3635
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Override Buttons with Touchscreen

Post by jtlayne »

**UPDATE**

After searching around I am seeing this is more of a Windoze thing. If you turn off press and hold for right click the alternative is do nothing. Still appreciate any suggestions.

Hello, I've used Freestyler since 2017 and I'm pretty familiar with everything. However, I have a new issue and I can't seem to figure out the fix yet. I have a convertible touchscreen laptop running Win 11 that folds all the way back so it can be used like a tablet. The idea is to do this when running mobile shows so I don't need a mouse or keyboard.

The problem is that whether or not the screen is folded back and when I press and hold on an override button that is set to Flash like a strobe button for example it does not react at all. If I kind of move my finger like I'm selecting it almost like drawing a box on the button it does work though. I already went into Windows control panel and disabled press and hold gestures in the Pen and Touch area.

I guess I could buy a stylus pen, but I'm trying not to do that. Another thing to keep up with and if I lose it I still want to be able to use just the touchscreen anyway.

Any suggestions are welcomed and thanks in advance!

jtlayne

Re: Override Buttons with Touchscreen

Post by jtlayne »

UPDATE: It seems there's no way to set Windows to act as if the left mouse click button is being held down by using touch or a stylus pen either. If I double tap the pen on an override button set to flash then it works. Not ideal, but this is what I will be doing for now. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.
jtlayne

Re: Override Buttons with Touchscreen

Post by jtlayne »

UPDATE: I ended up buying a bluetooth keyboard and mapping everything. HIGHLY recommend doing this if you are actively and constantly changing scenes, overrides, adjusting tempo etc.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”