These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

BCF2000 strange problem (stops responding)

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
koakie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

BCF2000 strange problem (stops responding)

Post by koakie »

Hey guys, i have a question..

Do any of you ever had the problem that the midi controller during a show, stops responding?
I do, it happens serveral times (ie. 30minute interval, no midi in or out) i have to, turn the BCF off and on, go to setup and stop/start the midi connection in the setup menu in order to make the controller work again..

Let me tell you, it's F*kin' annoying.

i've tried to test the controller at home and just let it stand for a while to see if it locks up on its own or by pressing keys, but if i don't touch it, it'll still lock-up.
(also, i've had computers with firewire audio devices lock-up during live a live event, due to the use of a fogmachine so in the testcase at home i've outruled the posibility of strange voltage interferance.)

My Lighting pc is a laptop, without any known issues of faulty USB ports. So far i haven't tested the BCF with an other softwareprogram and i haven't tested the BCF with freestyler on an other pc.

So.... as we say "can you stick me a heart under the belt" and help me out here? is it just me or does everybody know what i'm talking about?

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: BCF2000 strange problem (stops responding)

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Hey

I can see you are using Freestyler version 3.0.0.

Have you tried with version 3.0.1?

I have not used my bcf on 3.0 very much, totally 2-3 hours (never with 3.0.1) and have not seen this problem.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
koakie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: BCF2000 strange problem (stops responding)

Post by koakie »

i've downloaded 3.0.1 and played with it a few minutes, but i haven't used it live (yet). i an going to use it from now on.

The problem occured with 2.9xx (all different kind of versions)

Return to “BCF2000”