These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Submaster Run All feature

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
weaz666
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96h
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Submaster Run All feature

Post by weaz666 »

A run all feature for the submasters would be super awesome. I use the submasters for running intel programs such as moving patterns, color, gobo, rotation, and one for par can scenes. I would love to be able to select my options for my intels and run all.

Thanks

sowndman
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96f

Re: Submaster Run All feature

Post by sowndman »

I agreee] it would be nice to hit one button and start all the seq in the saved cue at once. Maybe the overide buttons could be programmed to allow this. You could assign a cue to and overide butoon. When activated all seq in the cue would start.

This is one major feature holding me back from converting from a hardware controller.
DeAl
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by DeAl »

I agree with weaz666, but I would expand the idea to a control panel, similar to the override buttons.

I also use the submasters, which makes it easy to combine on-the-fly sequences from several cues.
However it would be nice, by one click/push on a button, to alter sequences in mutiple submasters at once.

A suggestion is a control panel with e.g. 24 submaster buttons. If you right-click on a button (or an edit mode) you can select/define which sequences from which submasters should be activated together (group of sequences). Then store this under the button and if you click on it, all the selected sequences are activated together.
The set-up of these submaster buttons should be possible while a show is running, but selecting sequences in the submasters, while others are running is probably impossible. If so, a store/memory function of the actual active sequences in the submasters to one of the submaster buttons would be possible.

However, what will happen if you make changes in the submasters or cues...?

@ sowndman: what you want is something different, but probably easier to develop.
But why would you want to start all sequences in the same cue at once...?
sowndman
FreeStyler Version: 2.96f

Post by sowndman »

DeAl wrote But why would you want to start all sequences in the same cue at once...?

So if you are doing modular programming by having separate chases for pan, tilt, color, gobo, shutter then can all be started together.

I currently use a pulsar masterpiece 216. I can say to one environment button several chases and scenes. This is the major thing holding me back from going with total software dmx with FS.

I have separate scenes programmed for each of my moving mirror, movinghead, and color changers. I also have individual chases for each of there color, gobo, pan, and tilts. So basically I can turn on the chases and scenes I want for a particular look and the save that as an environment.
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by lj_raph »

Hi All

In the next release of FS you will be able to run a previous saved cue by a click of a button (like the override buttons).

The new release is being tested now, I hope to release it soon.

Best regards

Raph
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development
DeAl
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by DeAl »

@ sowndman:

Indeed, I'm doing modular programming as well, and what you describe as an "environment" button, is what I meant with submaster buttons.

The way I use FS up to now is: creating a submaster (= a cue, or list of sequences, within FS) for pan/tilt MH, for pan/tilt scans, for colors and for shutter chases. Let's take the shutter submaster as an example: this one contains all kind of chases like: all full open, strobing only MH, strobing only scans, cross fade MH-scans, toggle MH-scans, etc...
During playback, I "mix" a single chase/sequence from each submaster.

So, when you asked for a "run all" button, I understood this as a function to start all chases/sequences within the same submaster.
But with my example above this would result in running all kind of shutter chases at the same time = chaos!
So then it wouldn't make sense...
weaz666
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2.96h
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by weaz666 »

my idea for "run all" would simply collect clicks for one sequence in a cue in each submaster, allowing the 5 sequences total to run simultaniously. it would just be a nice expansion for people who run intel type fixtures to control all parameters (a cue each say for pan/tilt, color, gobo, etc) by setting the the focus on the sequence in each submaster and clicking one button that would RUN each. it's not something that need be used all the time but its availability to be used would be nice.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”