These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Wireless DMX? Who is using?

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
freestylerrocks
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Wireless DMX? Who is using?

Post by freestylerrocks »

I'm thinking of going wireless DMX to solve an issue with hardwiring.

I found this with a pretty low price. I only need to use one receiver but now i have options to light more areas without cables!

http://www.amazon.com/Donner%C2%AE-Wire ... reless+dmx

Anyone using wireless or this product?

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Wireless DMX? Who is using?

Post by Nathanrs93 »

I've not gone into it yet but I'm slowing looking into it myself and looking at products. I've been doing research for a while and checking out which would suit me best for my needs, for the jobs I do. I've also being looking at Ipad/Iphone control and the stuff I need for that.

I'd say look at a few more options before making a choice and make sure you read the small print, it will make a difference even if it's a bit more expensive. It could be the difference of you getting booked or not again for an event and I know it will cost you more now but it will pay for itself later

Watch this guy as well in this video for wireless control. He's brilliant! He inspires me alot
freestylerrocks
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by freestylerrocks »

Thanks for the reply. Mike is not using Freestyler though hes using something else.
But in case you didnt know, you can use an ipad for freestyler too. The app is called freestyler remote and it works great! I liked it but i found that just controlling freestyler from my laptop touchscreen is just fine.

Oh and I bought the system i posted above, im gonna try it out at the club this coming week!
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Welcome. I know he's not using it (he use to) but I was talking about it in general, which is why I thought it might be good for ideas for you. Yeah, I've got the remote app but need to use it on ipad instead of iphone.

Ok, good luck.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I have used wirless DMX. I use Artnet through a DMX King eDMX2 unit. I hook that into a wirless Router. Laptop running freestyler sends the feed through my laptop wireless adaptor=> to wireless access point on stage where the Wireless router is then connected to the eDMX2. Works well however you do notice the slight lag compared to being connected via Ethernet cable. :) Still works well tho. :)

Return to “DMX Interfaces”