These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

FX Generator Waveform

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

FX Generator Waveform

Post by buttza »

Hi,

So I was thinking with the FX generator I noticed that we can adjust its amplitude etc. I was thinking it would be good to be able to create our own waveforms.

An example of this would be for creating intensity patterns when you have a large number of lights such as 10 Channel Blinder Bars. Most FX generated will not exceed 40 steps. Can't do a random flash for over 40 dimming fixtures. If we had the ability to create a waveform then we could create our own Random intensities etc.

Thoughts?

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: FX Generator Waveform

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Interesting...
buttza
FS is my life

Post by buttza »

I have attached an example of what I mean in case you are wondering. :fs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

buttza wrote:I have attached an example of what I mean in case you are wondering. :fs:
I like :) Especially the waveform intensity effect it would work well for someone like myself.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Nathanrs93 wrote: I like :) Especially the waveform intensity effect it would work well for someone like myself.
this is allready possible with FS on the FX generator ;)
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
buttza
FS is my life

Post by buttza »

Hey Spirit, How?
I have tried to do this with the effect generator but you can't change the waveform can you?
You can Sine, Cosine, Saw but can't create squares or Ramp peak etc unless I am really blind. :)
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by Spirit »

no you can't

but nathanrs93 did like to have the "SINE WAVE" effect and thats allready possible..
but i allready made a Feature request to have more options on the FX generator..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Spirit wrote:no you can't

but nathanrs93 did like to have the "SINE WAVE" effect and thats allready possible..
but i allready made a Feature request to have more options on the FX generator..

/spirit
Conufsed :? I was interested about the wave that buttza was trying to do, I know you can do the sine wave :)
buttza
FS is my life

Post by buttza »

Hehe. :)
oliverst14
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Post by oliverst14 »

This is the single feature I think freestyler needs (maybe palettes too) to make this sorftware the best in the world. I absolutely love freestyler but recently have got annoyed as all scenes using the generator look very similar. I started looking around and found a demo version of sweetlight so tested it out. Generally the software is way behind freestyler on features but one feature it does amazingly well is the the fx generator. It's so simple to use (looks like the shape generator in freestyler) and creates amazing looking fx within a couple of minutes . I was seriously thinking about getting until I tested further and found serious live features missing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this feature to freestyler.

If needed I can help program this into the program

Thanks

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”