These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Outputting data externally for QM2000 support

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
masterpj
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 512
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/masterpj55

Outputting data externally for QM2000 support

Post by masterpj »

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if I post in the wrong place (I'm new to the forum).
I have a question if it's possible to get DMX data from FreeStyler to a command line or anything so I can recieve it with an external program that adresses the interface I have.

I got the QM2000 made by pangolin laser systems and I would love to make it work with freeStyler.
I can do the part of making the recieving program myself but it's the sending from freestyler that's the problem.

My assumption what would be easiest would be the ability to direct the "to be output" DMX signal channels with their value to a command line or so.

The reason why I want to use the QM2000 for DMX is because the LD2000 software packages is to me one of the best laser software packages out there and it has DMX onboard which is documented in the SDK but barely used (despite it would be DMX over network and it would allow easier ilda+dmx intergration on a stage (less wires)).

But yeah don't have to worry about how the unit works or anything I can take care of that and would be willing to share the external program, it's just how to get the data out realtime of FreeStyler.

Best regards,

Pieter

ILDA member.
Professional Laserist which makes laser graphics/animations for a living.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”