These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Send dmx trames using wifi

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Chocapic
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Send dmx trames using wifi

Post by Chocapic »

Hi everyone,

I am making a wireless dmx interface.
I would like Freestyler to communicate with a raspberry pi or an arduino via wifi.
I could write a programme that work in background task. It could get the dmx values from freestyler and send them to the raspberry pi that would convert them into dmx again.

Do someone know how to get the dmx values from freestyler without suing an interface ?

Thanks for your help and excuse my english.

jdmyers
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Send dmx trames using wifi

Post by jdmyers »

I have just begun looking into the Pi (for a similar use? - wireless Art-net > DMX expander) so am not sure if it has a library function for it, but you could possibly set up Art-Net to transmit the data between Freestyler and the Pi, then convert the Art-net back to DMX using the Pi (again, depending on it's interface and library availability).
Chocapic
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Send dmx trames using wifi

Post by Chocapic »

It's a good idea, thank you. I think that it should works.
I will try something like that and after I will tell you.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”